Which Sebenza next.

I have a small but I don't know what to get next. The small size suits me, but thats not to say that the large won't. So what should I get, large or large classic, small classic, large inlay or small inlay. So many choices. I thought one Sebenza would simplify my knife needs. Boy was I wrong. I want one to keep nice and I'll keep my current one as a user.

Aaahhhh...that is it huh? One to keep nice and one as a user? Ahhhhahahahahah....ahhhahahahahaha.......YOU are most certainly doomed for sure! It has begun...:D

Seriously, though, I'd go after a wood inlay if I were you. They are gorgeous.

Your right on schedule, Kutch! I was in the same boat once. Bought a large plain to use and abuse. "What next?", I thought. I got thinking about the "use one, show one" alternative and it sounded good. I opted for a beautiful large woodie with a bronzed raindrop damascus blade and Desert Ironwood inlays. They just don't get any better than this for a showpiece. The thing is simply gorgeous. I know it is heresy, but the satisfaction given to me from this pair of Sebenzas has actually eliminated my urge to purchase another. Just think of it as an expensive cure for Sebenzanitis :D The Mnandi however, is an entirely different story. So while I have at least been cured of my Sebenza habit, still goes to show you I have a ways to go before I kick this CRK thing altogether :rolleyes:

Here is my roadmap to CRK & Sebenza heaven...

Large Classic with G2 sheath --> Small Standard user --> Aztec Umfaan --> Mountaineer I --> Small LDC109 (#10) --> Small Standard w/polished blade --> Small Classic w/swedge

I sold the small user when I got the polished blade. The Aztec Umfaan was beautiful and a work of art but too small for my hand. I let the Mountaineer go because I still prefer my Doziers in a fixed blade.

Other than that I have a total of 4 Seb's now, 3 of which are small.

My next purchase will be either a Large Standard or Mnandi, just need to save my pennies.

Between the Standard and Classic I really like both equally. I have thought about a woody but I like the feel of the plains in my hand better and all of my knives get used.

I would suppose that you should get what you like best next, like someone else said, you'll want/need all of them eventually.

Enjoy the disease....:D

Sounds like me, except I couldn't use the pristine small regular, so I got a small classic with a little clip wear. Been carrying that one regularly, and got a G2 sheath today. Still can't quite carry the perfect one. But I'm fine...really.
Oh yeah, the umfaan...got it too.
Help.
G.

I own only one Sebenza, and it is likely to remain that way a long time. I have the large standard. I tend to like larger knives, and the large Sebbie isn't real big by that/those standard(s). I'm thinking of getting a G2 sheath.

Were I going to buy another, I believe I'd go for one of the patterned handled models. I like a couple of the "standard" patterns well enough to get by with them, but if I had more artistic ability, I admit it would be cool to have a beautiful Sebbie with a design of my own.

If you're rolling in dough, then by all means jump up to the woodie. I would think that the increased handle thickness would make a substantial change in the nature of the knife.

My next Sebbie will be a small classic. Kind of a fraternal twin for my small regular.

Paul

I went for the plain Zulu Trio (Z3) for users.

View

...and a small California Redwood burl to look at. :)

View

The small wood inlay is a great knife, if you like the small plain you'll love the fancy version.

But then again, everyone should own the large plain :cool:

Back