Which should I buy?

Alright because I know you're all sitting on the edges of your seats, waiting on my response. I went to the store on Saturday and decided to just buy the 110. I knew going in that it was a little bigger than I prefer, but variety is the spice of life.
rJ0QKcXl.jpg

After having been carrying my 110LT for a few weeks this thing felt like a brick! But after carrying it all weekend it feels normal. One of the bummers of buying from a big box store is the clampacks, can't really examine them before hand, not that it's a big deal this is going to be user. It has solid lock up, but it has a gap big enough to see through, and the blade rattles when it's closed, when I first got it one of the scales would "click" a little when pressed on, I suspect a bit of grit was jammed in there, after a solid cleaning and opening and closing it a few hundred times over the weekend, it doesn't pop any more.

Just for fun here's the big gap. Hard to get the camera focused, but those are my keys you can see. Really doesn't bother me to much. I suspect that as I work the crud out it'll get much better.

uYCw8bol.jpg

The blade rattling when closed is annoying and makes the blade rub a little, I'll probably but it in the vice and see if I can't tighten it up a little. Anyone have any advice?

This is also my first time with a leather sheath for a buck, what does everyone do to break in a new sheath?

I've already decided that I'll buy a 112 for myself for Christmas, now do I get a normal brass one or do I get a slim pro....

Good on ya.
On an interesting note, mine came in a box not a clam pack. Mine had none of the "issues" you ran into. Hmm, take it back and exchange it if you have the time. They'll probably do it without any problem. Then, open it and inspect it right there in front of them. Maybe even ask for a boxed one to inspect first.

To break in a sheath, just wear it ..... your moving around, the knife being in it, and your body heat will all work to get it broke in nicely.

Get both the slim pro and regular 112 ..... muwahahaha!

Congratulations and I hope it all works out to your satisfaction.
Mike

I tried to register with Imgur to show the box mine came in, but they want a phone number. All I have is a land line, no cell phone so that's a no-go for me. I heard to stay away from photobucket, I'll keep looking for a way to post pictures.

Good on ya.
On an interesting note, mine came in a box not a clam pack. Mine had none of the "issues" you ran into. Hmm, take it back and exchange it if you have the time. They'll probably do it without any problem. Then, open it and inspect it right there in front of them. Maybe even ask for a boxed one to inspect first.

To break in a sheath, just wear it ..... your moving around, the knife being in it, and your body heat will all work to get it broke in nicely.

Get both the slim pro and regular 112 ..... muwahahaha!

Congratulations and I hope it all works out to your satisfaction.
Mike

I thought about taking it back in, but seeing as it locks up without any blade play whatsoever, I decided I'd just deal with it, for the price I paid I'm fine with it.

And yes, I'm thinking I'll end up with both a slim pro and a regular 112. I'm just about done with another traditional pocket knife maker, that need not be named, and think I might sell off a few before the bubble bursts.

My hunting buddy showed me his new knife today - a Buck 110 Slim Pro. He saw mine two weeks ago and went to Sportsman’s Warehouse and bought one. Mine is OD Green Micarta, he bought the Brown Micarta because they don’t stock the OD Green (they also had the Black G10). OH

My hunting buddy showed me his new knife today - a Buck 110 Slim Pro. He saw mine two weeks ago and went to Sportsman’s Warehouse and bought one. Mine is OD Green Micarta, he bought the Brown Micarta because they don’t stock the OD Green (they also had the Black G10). OH

I suspect I'll end up buying one of those, although a regular 112 is also in the running. But I decided I'll carry this 110 everyday for at least a whole month before hand.

On other news I already managed to get bit by my new 110. I was opening and closing it to break it in and smooth it out and got a little lazy. On the bright side, at least I know it's sharp. :eek:

On other news I already managed to get bit by my new 110. I was opening and closing it to break it in and smooth it out and got a little lazy. On the bright side, at least I know it's sharp. :eek:

It’s really amazing how quickly that happens isn’t it. :)

When my wife notices me playing with a new knife while I’m watching tv, she will walks by and lays a band aid next to me. She’s been doing that for years. Doesn’t say anything, just smiles and waits for my dammit!

It’s really amazing how quickly that happens isn’t it. :)

When my wife notices me playing with a new knife while I’m watching tv, she will walks by and lays a band aid next to me. She’s been doing that for years. Doesn’t say anything, just smiles and waits for my dammit!

That is funny!!!:D
John

Well it's been almost a week carrying this knife, it's growing on me, honestly makes me laugh that some people consider it to heavy, I drop it in my jean pocket all the time, I understand slacks wouldn't work to well though. Working at home does have its perks. Anyway. I think I'm going to try my hand at a simple engraving on the bolsters, just my initials. Has anyone ever tried to acid etch the brass bolsters on a buck 110? I might give it a go.

Back