1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Which Small Carbon Fiber Inkosi do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by nickj79, Jan 14, 2017.

1. nickj79

nickj79

Feb 21, 2016
  2. d.weglarz13

d.weglarz13

Jun 4, 2008
    I really wish CRK would bring back the one piece inlays like on the annuals. This new inlay design just doesn't agree with me, for many reasons.

I vote the first one,, the solid CF scale on the presentation side looks great. Of course, this is pure opinion. Can't go wrong with either!

3. Tetsujin 140.6

Tetsujin 140.6

Jan 4, 2011
    I prefer the full carbon fiber scale as well.

I don't like the polished slab between the inlays.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  4. wiredbeans

wiredbeans

Apr 5, 2015
    I prefer the CF inlay, I have the knife art small 21, I like it but I wish I had bought the BHQ CF inlay. It makes the handle feel rounder and more substantial in hand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. wiredbeans

wiredbeans

Apr 5, 2015
    I prefer the CF inlay, I have the knife art small 21, I like it but I wish I had bought the BHQ CF inlay. It makes the handle feel rounder and more substantial in hand

6. Wavicle

Wavicle Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 22, 2014
    I prefer the CF Inlay. Looks nicer and you get that third CF inlay on the lock side.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Versus:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  7. JB in SC

JB in SC Gold Member Gold Member

May 19, 2001
    Inlay for me.

8. einsteinjon

einsteinjon Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Inlay because I prefer a Ti slab over CF.

9. wiredbeans

wiredbeans

Apr 5, 2015
    Stop the tease lol!

10. lemmuhj

lemmuhj Gold Member Gold Member

May 2, 2010
    I like the inlaid models, although they ALL look good. Can't go wrong with any of these.

11. willard0341

willard0341 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 18, 2013
    Inlay hands down. Beautiful knives wavicle

12. Ernie1980

Ernie1980 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 19, 2012
    I much prefer the full scale version:thumbup:

13. Wolverine666

Wolverine666 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 7, 2009
    I like the inlays much better. No contest imo.

14. Wolverine666

Dec 7, 2009
    Wavicle , is that a Sebenza25 or Inkosi in your pics with the CF inlays second to last pics from bottom ?

15. Wavicle

Jul 22, 2014
    It's a 25. I grabbed one late last fall knowing they are no longer produced and needed one to complete my collection of 25's.

Bigger pics here: https://www.flickr.com/gp/wavicleworks/HAfbnz

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  16. Wolverine666

Dec 7, 2009
    Very nice. It looks like on the lock side of the handle on the Inkosis it's all bead blasted as opposed to being partially polished and partially bead blasted like on the Sebenza21 and 25.

17. T.K.C.

T.K.C.

May 7, 2005
    I prefer the inlay.

18. Wavicle

Jul 22, 2014
    It depends on the type of inlay and the "exclusive" order details. The exclusive carbon fiber inlay versions (from a particular dealer) have polished titanium the same as the inlay Sebenza 21- everything but the lock bar and pocket clip are polished. For the micarta inlay versions, both standard and the exclusive colors, are bead blasted over the entire knife.

19. maylebox

maylebox Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 26, 2016
    There are benefits to both but I really like the look of the inlays. Actually If I don't stop looking at this thread I'm gonna have to buy one.

20. DRK

DRK

Oct 10, 2012
    I really like the inlays the best. The small is a light weight knife anyway so to me it is nice to have a little extra heft from the titanium scale, I also like the traction they provide and the width they add to the handle. Also they look cool.

[​IMG]