Which Spyderco are you carrying today?

b4c220a63d5c467e798f3b25dadc7b5e.jpg

You put those tires to use yet? I bought the WRG3's for my Subaru, and am very impressed for them not technically being a snow tire. I hear the R2's are the best studless period.

You put those tires to use yet? I bought the WRG3's for my Subaru, and am very impressed for them not technically being a snow tire. I hear the R2's are the best studless period.

No doubt about it. At first I almost felt too much grip, lol, for me to hang it out loose predictably anyway, but I adapted and learned them. They are squirmy on dry pavement (went from 18's down to 17's so taller sidewall is probably main reason). And they are very soft when temps warm up.

I just went to Rally America Sno*Drift. Poached a handful of stages and took a lot of other back routes with a train of friends. Was a blast, couldn't have been any more fun.
I dusted all my friends with Blizzaks and Contis, too.

No doubt about it. At first I almost felt too much grip, lol, for me to hang it out loose predictably anyway, but I adapted and learned them. They are squirmy on dry pavement (went from 18's down to 17's so taller sidewall is probably main reason). And they are very soft when temps warm up.

I just went to Rally America Sno*Drift. Poached a handful of stages and took a lot of other back routes with a train of friends. Was a blast, couldn't have been any more fun.
I dusted all my friends with Blizzaks and Contis, too.

I had hakka7s on my forester and spec b, amazing tires if you want studs. Studs aren't allowed here in southern Ontario though. I think I'll try those r2's next winter. I hear nothing but good things.

I had hakka7s on my forester and spec b, amazing tires if you want studs. Studs aren't allowed here in southern Ontario though. I think I'll try those r2's next winter. I hear nothing but good things.

Yep, for a true snow tire they cannot be beat, but do not expect them to handle well on dry pavement on warm days...
No studs here in the Mitten, either.
Although I do have a set of Nokian Hakkapeliitta 294 Extremes with carbide studs. For my winter beater bike! Lol. :p

And today I'm carrying a SuperLeaf & Kiwi. :D

Back out in the woods today after a snowstorm rolled through last night. Pics just don't come out as good in the snow - that doesn't stop me, though!

Back