Which Spyderco are you carrying today?

nQtFuuw.jpg

Put away the ridiculously large K2 and pocketed a Tropen for TG.

18-73376-Product_Primary_Image__18387.1564271477.jpg

I think that the Tropen is widely misunderstood and the exaggerated "fear" about the minor blade exposure (on which I have never been cut) has caused the knife to be greatly under-appreciated.

But I think that the Tropen is a great knife and it checks off all of the "right" boxes. In fact, I don't think there is a knife (Spyderco or otherwise) that has so many useful features built into it.

It's got a 4" blade. It's got a polished G10 handle that looks like "old school" micarta. It's got a Emerson wave tang. It's got a flipper tab. And it's got a compression lock. The last 3 features which provide a way to open the knife very, very quickly.

On top of that, it's a got a "trailing point" blade w/handle ergos that allow it to be held in a standard or reverse grip w/the swale on the spine for arm catching/blocking.

In other words, it an elegantly designed "fighting" knife, which is what I don't think most people understand about the Tropen, and is the reason why it's one of my favorites. LOL! ;)

Last edited:
Put away the ridiculously large K2 and pocketed a Tropen for TG.

18-73376-Product_Primary_Image__18387.1564271477.jpg

I think that the Tropen is widely misunderstood and the exaggerated "fear" about the minor blade exposure (on which I have never been cut) has caused the knife to be greatly under-appreciated.

But I think that the Tropen is a great knife and it checks off all of the "right" boxes. In fact, I don't think there is a knife (Spyderco or otherwise) that has so many useful features built into it.

It's got a 4" blade. It's got a polished G10 handle that looks like "old school" micarta. It's got a Emerson wave tang. It's got a flipper tab. And it's got a compression lock. The last 3 features which provide a way to open the knife very, very quickly.

On top of that, it's a got a "trailing point" blade w/handle ergos that allow it to be held in a standard or reverse grip w/the swale on the spine for arm catching/blocking.

In other words, it an elegantly designed "fighting" knife, which is what I don't think most people understand about the Tropen, and is the reason why it's one of my favorites. LOL! ;)
Impressive knife, polished G10 looks great!

Last edited:
Back