Which Spyderco are you carrying today?

I have a Manix 2 in Maxamet & like the steel.

That was my decision, as well. I hear and read about all these new designs and alloys and I feel like I've been left behind. No question about it, the "slice" is superior.

Then again, if I get a UPS box delivered I'm like a little kid! That's when I throw caution to the wind and just grab the Cold Steel Bush Ranger and start hacking!

Lumintop IYP365

I wanted a cheap pen light to carry at work in my shirt pocket and bought it from a recommendation over on Reddit.
It's ok, especially since it was only $17. I prefer my thrunites and streamlights but this will work for what I need it for.
Thanks for the info. I lost my 4sevens Preon 2 awhile back. I’ll probably just buy it again. It’s more like $50+ I dont recall how much exactly. Outstanding flashlight.

UZe6NCh.jpg

New arrival, long searched for. Extreme smooth function, very good fit and finish and the texture and material of the scales give it a noble look.

Broke out probably my favorite G10 Para 3 variant I own. But....... I have to say the LW versions have surpassed it on the likeness scale for me over the G10 models. Oh well, still enjoy carrying them but only with an aftermarket clip. Give me a wire on the G10! :D

Starting to look and feel like Spring here today, some green new grass planted last fall. I love the orange/black Para 3 and one of my trusty SAK classics.

Untitled by Caleb Bender, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi guys! I'm about to purchase my 1st spyderco this coming weekend and was wondering that besides the 15 dollar difference and handle material.. what the difference is between the Manix 2 and the Chaparral? Is there any other differences that matter really? I'm on the fence between these 2 knives as my final purchase for edc. Thanks for your time, fellas.. appreciate it.

Hi guys! I'm about to purchase my 1st spyderco this coming weekend and was wondering that besides the 15 dollar difference and handle material.. what the difference is between the Manix 2 and the Chaparral? Is there any other differences that matter really? I'm on the fence between these 2 knives as my final purchase for edc. Thanks for your time, fellas.. appreciate it.

Uh, those two models are completely different in just about every single aspect.

What one would you prefer? It's just for edc. I still can't decide.. crank some Candy Man and have a great day, brother!

Hell yeah, Candy Man is a good one and the boys really had it going with that song in 78.

Everyones EDC is different so it depends on what you are using the knife for.....

The Manix 2 is a larger, heavier use knife while the Chap is more of a small, gentlemans carry.

I work in an office with some occasional visits to job sites or other office environments so for my EDC I prefer smaller, more lightweight knives like the Para 3 LW or Bugout. So for me the Chapparal would get the nod.

I own several Manix 2's and really love the ergos and the CBBL. I carry them on the weekends or when I know I'm going to have to really use my knife.

Both are great examples of Spydercos but on opposite spectrums. You'll be happy with either you choose.

wuv2a2x.jpg

Man, I love the Endura so much. Its not the most fidgedable thing, but in practical use it is hard to beat. I am considering buying a vg10 one as well, though I'm still on the fence about it. Vg10 is fine but id prefer a tad more capable steel, and the jump to zdp is a bit overkill. I wish there was a middle road there.
Are there any sprints coming up? Guess not.

LveMrEk.jpg

This was my carry yesterday, its probably the best knife I bought last year! Still prefer the endura though.

Lim
Hell yeah, Candy Man is a good one and the boys really had it going with that song in 78.

Everyones EDC is different so it depends on what you are using the knife for.....

The Manix 2 is a larger, heavier use knife while the Chap is more of a small, gentlemans carry.

I work in an office with some occasional visits to job sites or other office environments so for my EDC I prefer smaller, more lightweight knives like the Para 3 LW or Bugout. So for me the Chapparal would get the nod.

I own several Manix 2's and really love the ergos and the CBBL. I carry them on the weekends or when I know I'm going to have to really use my knife.

Both are great examples of Spydercos but on opposite spectrums. You'll be happy with either you choose.
Lunch time! Thanks for the reply, brother. It would be just to carry around for general purposes... And i work at a butcher shop so anything goes here lol! Once again, I appreciate it. Bout to crank some Bertha and eat my sandwich. Have a great rest of your day, Csccottts!

Back