Which Starter model and steel comes first ?

Hey folks,

I know its hard to say but I really would like to know what Starter models come out first and what steel goes in production first.

Am waiting for over a year now to get ONE S!K knife and I am not keen to jump on a model that takes till 2016 to get shipped out. It is pretty frustrating to see all the full sets of S!K knive owners and the threads where people order the next dozen.

I live in Germany, check my mails every hour, sometimes at night ...
No 4.1 in sight.

So I do the Starter and help the company to grow. Eather a 4.1 Starter or a 3.5 Starter (all good looking), not sure about the steel right now. I read, steel for the mid sized knives may comes first. What's mid sized (5.1 and bigger ?) and does lets say 20cv takes more time to ship than 3v ?

Finally I think the new 3.5 Starter will be a damn fine knife, the "old" one never turned me on. 3 screws looks way better and the bigger size comes in handy for heavier tasks.

I know S!K is busy as hell but maybe someone knows something or just text some short info.

Thx

Last edited:
From other threads on the subject, I believe its based in large part on which knives had the most orders (most popular) and at the moment its a race between the 5.1 and 4.7. They also mentioned the steel for the 12 would take longer in general regardless of the popularity. Not sure anything has been mentioned for which type of steel will be more likely to get cut first.

Things may have changed, but hopefully that helps

Yes, that's what I've read so far. The most popular models ship out first. You Americans need smaller knives ;-)

Last edited:
What is more important to you? The new models and helping with the starter or just getting a knife sooner?

The last of the old 4.1's will be ready to buy in a week or 2. That would get you a blade sooner, just a thought.

If you really want to do the starter it sounds like we've all read the same thing, a near tie between the 5.1 and 4.7. It seems like 3v is more requested and cheaper to work with, so I bet that would go first. Hard to say if they'd choose one model and do both steels or pick one steel and do the most popular models first.

I'm guessing it's going to be 5.1 in 3v, followed by the 4.7 and 7/7 duking it out for second in 3v.

Yes, the 4.1 should be online this week. Now the new Starters are available and they look sexy !
The main question for me is still how much longer it takes to get a Starter 3.5 or 4.1 when S!K begins with lets say the 5.1 and 4.7 ?

Do the next Starter models ship out just a few weeks after or is it a matter of many month and they roll out in 2016 ?

I remember Guy saying in a recent post that the hope is that the models come out in quick succession. They said one of the advantages of the starter beyond new production equipment is that it will allow them to more efficiently plan the production schedule. I dunno about everyone else, but I am in no hurry to get my blades. I would rather trust Guy and his team to do it in the right order, at the right time. Anyone here who has a job knows what happens when you rush too much eh?

Just trying to get some reliable infos which Starters
ship out this year.
I trust Guy & Elli, the newsletters are a bit too
optimistic and unprecise yet the final product
is great.

Don't want to rush somebody, just if S!K can tell
us some about the timing - fire away.

Sorry River! Did not mean to sound like a preacher :p. I am hanging too! Only one of the three models I have coming do I think has a chance of production soon! I am trying hard to be pragmatic ☺.

Back