Which Surefire with my Busse ?

A friend of mine is a serious gear nut, so I leave all research to him. If you want to carry somethin small, get the new E2e. He saw them at the SHOT show says they are the deal. I plan on getting one.

Other stuff I have found useful. It's hard to beat a Photon light for carry. They now have a Photon 3 with different modes of operation, although I don't see that it's that much more useful than a 2. The Photon is like a mousegun, better what you have with you than the one you leave at home.

Streamlight Stinger. Easy to recharge, as compared to my old Surefire. Have one by the bed, one in the truck.

Eric, I would concur with Geraldo. For the extra usefulness of the extra features, I'd look for the E2e.

I've never had mine come on in my pocket, but the lock-out tailcap can be advantageous if that's a problem. Also, the pyrex lens is alot less likely to scratch when used for EDC.

Keep in mind, though, that if you don't need the lock-out tailcap or the pyrex lens, the release of the E2e will make the price of the E2 more tempting.

Clif brings up a couple of good points about LEDs. The bulb life is phenomenal, and the runtime is much improved over incandescent bulbs. With the LED bezels coming out for the Surefires, they're expecting to increase runtime by over 100%, IIRC, and the LED itself will last hundreds of hours or more, making those bezels very useful.

Also coming out this year is a combination regulated LED/incandescent light with three LEDs imbedded into the reflector around an incandescent bulb. The model will be the A2. These lights will have a "two mode" switch, which will allow the use of the 3 LEDs for general economical illumination, with the option of firing up the "big fella" when more serious light is needed. The standard 60 lumen lamp will run for about an hour, as usual for these lamps. The LED, however, is rated for a 1500 hr. burntime. :eek:

I'm about stocked up on Surefires for now, but a couple of the digital LED lights and that combo light sounds very, veryinteresting, and one of them will be on my as soon as I can make up my mind.

does anybody know where to find a cheap source on the net for some 9N rechargable batteries, and also a quick charger?

Try Linda's Custom Products in Springfield, Il. 217 (or 866).544.3552. She has just about anything you would need from Surefire:)

Eric,

Contact surefire and get their new catalogue!!!

The new toys and their options are overwhelming!

Their new "beast" takes 20 lithium batteries (@4 bucks a battery!!!) for 60 minutes of 2000 lumens!!! (E2e produces 65 lumens)
Cant you see it? BM on one handand, Beast in the other

The new executive series is Phenomenal (new look, new IMPROVED clip,choice of finishes, choice of lexan or pyrex "glass" and waterproof).

Surefire are the perfect Busse accesories

Bill

Bill,
Thanks for the info, I will get in touch with Surefire and have them send me a catalog. Hopefully my first surefire is on its way. I put some things up for trade and worked out a deal for a 6P so I'm anxiously awaiting that.

Yo, Eric --- Let us know how it stands up, huh?
{Please Check ALL that apply:
A Surefire Flashlight stands up to abuse:
Like a Busse Knife
Like a Blackwood Custom
Like a Boye Dendritic Basic
Like a Strider product
Like a Becker tool
Like a Cold Steel knife
Like a Mag-lite flashlight
Like a Wal-Mart Special with carbide batteries
Like a wet noodle in a Glad-Bag }

Don't leave us hangin' bro ... our future purchase may depend upon your carefully chosen words of acceptance or rejection....
Consumer Clif
INFI Powered, as Always...

Clif,
I'll chime in once I receive it. Thought it might arrive today, but I can't complain, I got enough toys today ;):D

Well, here's what I ended up with. Surefire 6P I got in Trade. Great little light, should fit my needs perfectly. Sorry, you can't see the surefire better but this is the Busse forum ;)

Eric,
It could have been worse!! You could have used your Battle
Mistress instead;) :D

Chip,
Funny you should say that, I tried it with a couple of larger Busses and the poor flashlight got swallowed up. Couldn't hardly see it at all. ;):D

Strabs,
Thanks I'm enjoying it. Unfortunately the only workout it has received is me walking around the house with the lights out. ;):D

Eric, I chose te M3 as my first Surefire. Haven't paired it up with a Busse yet, but it would sure go well with anything I own :) By the way, MAKE SURE you have spare batteries around, it costs a fortune to run these things :D

Great, ya got it!
Stats now, Eric! Stats! Candlepower, range of beam, battery duration, beam focus, y'know, the usual rattlings-off of a new toy...! ;)
(Is your future so bright now, ya gotta wear shades...? :cool: ya'know, that kinda stuff.)
Walking around the house with the lights off is kinda cool, tho. :D
INFInitely Bussified,
Climber Clif ___.-^-._.-^-._.-^-.___

Take that puppy outside at night Eric. Check out how much light it can dump for it's size.
Whenever I come home late I stand outside with my E1 and play spotlight with the bats:D
Try it, it's fun:p

Well, I ordered a 6P with recharge conversion kit today. (Safety award from work - FREE!).

Is the conversion kit worthwile?

This will look nice next to my NO....

damn that slow post van!:(

Eric,

I have a couple of those. GREAT LIGHTS....

If the rubber tail cap is checkered the model is about 2yrs old.

If the rubber tail cap is smooth the model is about 4 yrs old.

(the above are rough estimates based on my own buying)

I prefer this older look to the new ones.

The perfect accesory to your 6P is a lanyard. You have 2 lanyard options. Bezel attachement or tail cap attachement. Bezel attachment might compromise water "resistance"

I would also recomend that you replace the existing bulb with a new one, just to be sure. keep the old as a spare. These bulbs last roughly 30 hours and you cannot be sure how long it has been used.

There is also a carrier that carries 6 batteries and a bulb. It is shatterproof and waterproof.

Ok I will shut up now...

Bill

Eric,

I have a couple of those. GREAT LIGHTS....

If the rubber tail cap is checkered the model is about 2yrs old.

The perfect accesory to your 6P is a lanyard. You have 2 lanyard options. Bezel attachement or tail cap attachement.

I would also recomend that you replace the existing bulb with a new one, just to be sure. keep the old as a spare. These bulbs last roughly 30 hours and you cannot be sure how long it has been used.

There is also a carrier that carries 6 batteries and a bulb. It is shatterproof and waterproof.

Ok I will shut up now...

Bill

Originally posted by Copis
... If the rubber tail cap is checkered the model is about 2yrs old.

[tim allen voice]

Errrrrr?

[/tim allen voice]

I had a four or five year old 6P with a checkered button.

Quel etrange... :confused:

Regardless, the 6P really is a great all-around light. It was what got me hooked on Surefires. I find my E2 a bit easier to carry on a day-to-day basis, and I usually have either my M2 or 8AX (I changed my mind from the 9AN.) in my pack or toolbag.

I'll add that I've found that Surefire backs their product as well as Jerry does his. With a Busse / Surefire combo, you get a great, well-made product with outstanding customer support. What's not to like?

Well, the cost of 123 lithiums... :(

Back