White High Manganese Blade - Metallic Quality

So, I am curious about these White Manganese Blades that I see for sale, especially with Eastern swords. I bought one which is laser etched with repeated images of a tiger, which I like very much. However it does not have any metallic sheen, just solid white background, though still sharp. I was under the impression that all the White Manganese blades were solid white like this, without a metallic quality. However I finally caught one high manganese white listing where the blade actually looked metallic in a couple of the pics, most of which look white. I am just curious whether this type of blade is best for very light white color, and metallic as well. Also, how might this compare to very high carbon steel? AI tells me they are comparable lol... though pics tell me the High Manganese is a better bet for a white and metallic shined blade.

I think high manganese steel sword are commonly used in Asian cinema as the high magnese steel when used to strike other steel blades creates sparks I think the white color might just be an indication that the steel is low or medium carbon higher carbon steels generally have a more silverish /steel look old wrought iron with no carbon looks white when etched in feric. this is just my thoughts based on your question and I don't have any info/links to prove anything I'm saying so take what I'm saying with some skepticism

I think high manganese steel sword are commonly used in Asian cinema as the high magnese steel when used to strike other steel blades creates sparks I think the white color might just be an indication that the steel is low or medium carbon higher carbon steels generally have a more silverish /steel look old wrought iron with no carbon looks white when etched in feric. this is just my thoughts based on your question and I don't have any info/links to prove anything I'm saying so take what I'm saying with some skept.....snip
Manganese and magnesium are two different elements. Maybe you were thinking of the latter but still unknowingly. Chinese cinema is not using either for the effect. Flint&steel, is the flint ripping a splinter off the steel, creating a spark. Two swords can create a spark but not showers of them (electrical/cgi). Hi manganese steel is just that (look it up). Colors are added to blades through anodizing and pvd.

Cheers
GC

Manganese and magnesium are two different elements. Maybe you were thinking of the latter but still unknowingly. Chinese cinema is not using either for the effect. Flint&steel, is the flint ripping a splinter off the steel, creating a spark. Two swords can create a spark but not showers of them (electrical/cgi). Hi manganese steel is just that (look it up). Colors are added to blades through anodizing and pvd.

Cheers
GC
yes thinking of the later thanks for the information will look things up when I can find the time.

Back