White Orchid

whiteorchid.jpg

This is my latest- 5 1/2" overall, in mirror-polished RWL34 with a diamond in the ricasso. Scales are mosaic abalone; bolsters are 416SS, and pins are 14K gold.

Wow Don, that's gorgeous, nicely done.

Is that one sold or are you going to have that one on your table at the Wolverine show?

Happy holidays,
Tom

Don,

I'm GLAD my wife wasn't in the room when I opened this thread :rolleyes: That one is BEAUTIFUL!!

Neil

Beautiful Don!

Technical question: how do you keep the scale tight up against the dovetail while the glue sets up?

Thanks, guys!

Tom, that one will be on the table in January unless it sells first.

Matt, visit my tutorial on dovetail bolsters at www.customknifedirectory.com - I have pictures of the whole process I go through. The real "secret" is gluing on one scale at a time. It takes an extra day, but the results are worth the wait.

Yes, I've read the tutorial, but I've always been worried that the scale will slither back from the dovetail. Fresh epoxy being so much like grease and all. Do you clamp the scale on, or just use gravity?

Gorgeous Don...thanks for sharing...that's a beauty!

"Hunters seek what they [WANT].., Seekers hunt what they [NEED]"

Keith, I hate to disappoint, but it is a fixed blade knife designed to be carried in the pocket like a folder. Check out the "Carry System" link on my web site for details. www.cowlesknives.com

Back