Who carried a case trapper for edc?

I carried one for a couple years. Had bunches of case knives but sold them a couple years ago because I got sick. I like the trapper,especially if you need the longer blades. The medium trapper is a more pocket friendly option. I think. I've got my eye on a couple of the small trappers right now.

I have been edcing a Trapper in a Case pouch on the belt for the past month.. :thumbsup: Fills all my needs..:thumbsup: I really don't know what else to say as its been there a month and will continue..:D
John

DRt3dvc.jpg

I particularly like two blade jack knives of which the Trapper is one of them. I carried one (two Case knives) for many years before all this knife hobby foolishness started about 20 years ago.Those two knives essentially were my go to knives for the first 40 years of my life. Change is a slow thing for me. I have moved back to carrying traditionals almost exclusively, namely a SAK.

I carry larger knives most of the time. However I always have my old schrade 1940T (single blade trapper) in my pocket. It does the lions share of my cutting tasks. Trappers are great!

Last edited:
I carried a yellow one for a couple of years in CV, and a mini. The Mini is much more comfortable in the pocket, when the large trapper goes sideways it can wear a hole on your jeans. It fits upright in a watch/coin pocket ok, but it's a bit large for most of my daily needs.

I carry larger knives most of the time. However I always have my old schrade 1940T (single blade trapper) in my pocket. It does the lions share of my cutting tasks. Trappers are great!.
I wonder..... is a single blade trapper still a trapper regardless of what the knife companies name them? A traditional Trapper is well represented by the large Case Trapper and has been what seems like forever.

Fisher1573 Fisher1573 I have pretty much moved in this direction as well with smaller regular carry knives. I always have larger ones should I truly need one. Having a knife fit inside a watch pocket in jeans is just too convenient and protects the knife.

If you google single blade Trappers, there seems to be quite a few options out there from a number of makers. I suppose this would be a good question over on the Traditional Forum, but I've always thought there were single blade and two blade Trappers.

Does anyone edc a case trapper knife and why?

While I find the trapper to be very comfortable in the hand, I do not have a use for a spey blade. So I never carry a standard trapper. I also find a full sized trapper to be overly large in the pocket.

However, I do sometimes carry a Case Mini Wharncliffe trapper in my pocket.
Perfect size
Good blade combination
Very comfortable in the hand.

I have carried a Case Trapper off and on for work and hiking. I like the design. Another design that I carry more often is derived from the case trapper- the vintage two bladded hobo knife (actually a detachable california clip blade and a fork). I have used that every day at work for my lunch for the past 6-7 years.

Foxdoublegunner

A Case trapper is one of my favorite knives. I currently have three knives on my nightstand: a Laguiole, an Opinel, and a trapper. I carry the Laguiole the most; it's about 4.72 inches long, bigger than the trapper, so the trapper seems kind of small in my pocket by comparison.

I like the trapper because:
1- it has my favorite blade shape (clip) as the main blade;
2- it has a second long blade, which to me is more desirable than a short blade;
3- the handle fits my hand very well, and better than a single-blade version:
4- I love the way it looks.

I've carried the same Case Mini trapper off and on since 1973. It's a half trapper with a pen rather than a spey for the secondary blade. It's comfortable in my pocket, allows me to dedicate the short blade to rough cutting like boxes and save the clip blade for tissue work

I EDC a knife, which knife I carry that day depends on my whims that morning as I cram stuff into my pockets. I carry a Case trapper pattern once or twice a week it seems.

I back pocket carry it next to my wallet, it fits well, doesn’t move, and carries just fine. I like the size of the knife when I’m using it; it’s a very hand filling folding knife. The main clip blade gets used for ‘normal’ knife work and the spey blade is kept super extra sharp and used for food or something that needs some serious slicing.

I also carry it while hunting. The Spey blade does a fine job opening animals up without puncturing things that don’t need to be punctured and comes in handy while skinning.

Back