Review Who else is in love with their Charge TTi?

Which Leatherman do you prefer?

• Charge TTi

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Charge

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wave

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've been carrying this Camo version for about 6 years now, and it's the best multi tool I have ever owned. The blade is much more useful than what you typically find on a Leatherman.

[spam link removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to vote "Wave" and Original Wave at that. The Charge is okay, but I prefer the individual tools to the interchangeable (and easily lost) bits.

I've been carrying the original Wave for about 30 years (maybe more, I'm getting old). I've tried many others including the Charge, the new Wave, the XTi, the Super tool, the PST, the Rebar, the Signal and the Surge. None come close to replacing that old Wave

Yeah there is something about their older models isn't there? I just love my Juice SC2, which they stopped producing in 05. I've had it for 15 years and the only maintenance I have ever had to do on it was sharpen the blade. The newer models are still nice, but you have to oil them from time to time or they get a little sticky.

The usefulness of EDCing a Leatherman spoiled me on carrying any of my knives! I tried the Charge TTi however find the Wave is best for me overall. Carry clipped to right front pocket.

Charge TTI all the way, as the best Leatherman. It's harder now also, when Leatherman changed to the plus line for both the Wave and Charge. Both models now sport the same handle tools, and subtle but important differences in the main tool blades.

Pluses for the Charge TTI:

It's fricking titanium baby!
S30v vs the Wave 154cm
Serrated blade on the Charge also has rescue hook ( a big one for me, doubles as package opening device)

Now ask me between the aluminum Charge plus vs the Wave, I'm going wave. The pricing doesn't match, Wave being at that point a much better deal imo.

Back