Who Else To Visit At Blade

On numerous occasions I have seen Andy and crew provide positive feedback on other knife makers that are not part of he Fiddleback Family. With at in mind, I hope that it is ok to post this here. If not, please delete and accept my apologies.

So, other than Fiddleback, what other tables are u going to visit? I intend to check out Dark Timber. Peter hand forges all his stuff and his knives have a very cool aesthetic. I have been getting interested in hand forged knives and am going to keep an eye out for other makers that use this method. Also, I'm really excited to see more of Allen and Chris' work. Most importantly, I NEED an a2 synthetic handle Woodsman...

So, other than Fiddleback, who is on your list and why?

There's a young maker who specializes in Camp Axes. He was there last year and I remember looking over his table, but I skipped buying anything. This past year, I've learned a bit more about him and watched him (via Instagram) grow as a maker. This would be one maker I suggest checking out, Liam Hoffman (Hoffman Blacksmithing). Also .. TM Hunt, Rustick Knives (former Seal Team member) are two I always stop by .. but you'll be on sensory overload once you hit the floor, so good luck. :thumbup:

Obviously the Fiddleback and Friends table (Fletcher, WAS, Osprey, Valkerie). Then, in no particular order:
TM Hunt
Alfa Knives
LT Wright
Carl R. (C.Rex)
Big Chris
David Sharpe
Randall Collector's table
Shadetree
And basically walk around the whole show. In my experience, every knife maker is more than willing to talk to you and answer any questions you may have.

Last edited:
If I was able to be there, I would love to meet the crew at Busse Combat. I would stay far away from Boker. In 2015, they were very rude to a maker here.

It might have already been mentioned... go see C. Rex. He is like the sage-oracle of Georgia Knifemaking. Bring a humble offering and an open mind.

the Busse crew is something to see for sure

i was "inducted" to the Busse crew back when you had to be there to get a "name" from Amy-O and crew nonetheless
last055.jpg

me w/ Dan Busse
last026.jpg

There's a young maker who specializes in Camp Axes. He was there last year and I remember looking over his table, but I skipped buying anything. This past year, I've learned a bit more about him and watched him (via Instagram) grow as a maker. This would be one maker I suggest checking out, Liam Hoffman (Hoffman Blacksmithing). Also .. TM Hunt, Rustick Knives (former Seal Team member) are two I always stop by .. but you'll be on sensory overload once you hit the floor, so good luck. :thumbup:

I've been watching Liam on Instagram too. He has been fun to watch. If I can get to Blade, I'll be stopping at his booth too.

Back