Who has the best fit and finish?

I would like to know who do yiu think has the best fit and finish whether is a custom maker or factory, I aleays found Chris Reeve to be excellent but being on the other side of the pond, I havn't had much chance to see many others close up and get personal.

Of the knives I've owned and handled Chris Reeve and Fallkniven stand out as the bench marks for fit and finish.

Northwoods might get added to the list, once I've had a few more of their knives in my hands.

Very hard to pick just one in either.

However Kershaw have always been good in my experience.

As for custom makers:

David Winch, Charles Marlowe (both score VERY highly for fit, finish, sharpness and pricing)

The best I've ever seen or handled would have to be the Spyderco/Jess Horn C27 in jigged bone. I've handled a custom Jess Horn in the same pattern and for me it's a close call.

Well, for F&F, Chris Reeve is hard to beat, even if you include customs. However, of custom makers, the ones that stand out to me for excellent F&F are:

Mayo
JW Smith
Carson
Obenauf
Cook
Tighe
Boguzewski

Im sticking to tac/utility knives, because I think that's what you're asking about.

There are so many that I can't find issues with the finish (don't always like the design though)

Alan Wood might be my favorite though.

I've owned a total of 9 CRK folders (no not all at the same time, remember I work for a state government agency :( ) and I can say that all 9 had impeccable fit and finish. Highlights for me included framelocks that consistently met the blade tang in just the right place, superbly polished/ground/sharpened blades and very evenly fitted scales. ;)

I don't have an opinion on custom makers but for a production knife the Al Mar SERE 2000 has excellent fit and finish.

Just a small correction, Fallkniven doesn't make knives. They design, market and distribute but their knives are not even made in sweden, but japan by a subcontractor.

I'd say that the best consistent fit and finish is the japanese firm that makes the WH, Spyderco, AlMar and Fallkniven blades. When you see them together, there often is a similarity in fit, finish, grinds across brands. I believe that the top one may be Moki, but its hard to tell since the parent companies don't tell who makes their knives.

Microtechs are up there in the good F&F category. As are Lone Wolf knives.

Back