Who has the Leatherman Blast?

What do you think about it? Seems like a pretty good deal for the price around $42.00 Dollars.

I think it may be better then the charge because the charge bits are short. I may get one soon.

If you can get one for $42 I'd jump on it. I paid like $50 at the local Target. I am a light user of multitools so I can't speak for it's durability over say the Supertool200 but I surely appreciate the lighter weight and the fact that it still has the file and saw. I sold my Supertool200 due to the weight.
I bought a Charge out of curiosity and it's what I carry when I am not also carrying a one handed knife due to other junk in my pocket.
Mostly I prefer to carry a Griptilian so I pair the Blast with it.

I am in the Army, the PX carrys knives about $10.00 Dollars cheaper than most retailers do.

I got mine at Target yesterday. 49 dollars and you get a 10 dollar target gift card at the register. Total 39.99. Quite a deal for what you get.
Seems to be a great tool for this price. I haven't had a chance to evaluate it yet. Finish is not quit a good as my older leatherman tools.
This deal is only good for a short time at Target.

This is a little late (just found the post) but I've had a blast for about 4 months now and REALLY like it! Had an older leatherman and have borrowed a couple of gerbers but the layout of the blast really works for me. I use mine several times every day and even the eyeglass screwdriver has come in handy a couple of times. The only downside for me is the blade is a little small and hard to use due to the handle positions (a problem on all multi-tools) so I EDC a folder too. I highly recommend the blast as a great basic multi for the money.

I got a Blast a few days ago and although I have a bunch of Leathermans, I am now carrying it...I had been carrying my original PST for quite some time. It's more comfortable for EDC than the Wave or Supertool 200, and I really like the locking/unlocking feature on it way better that the crescent-shaped locking device on the Supertool 200...it's far safer, easier, and durable.

The Blast really has one of the better combinations of tools on a multi for me, although the inner tools are bead-blasted, which I would have preferred they be satin-finished like the older tools. Nevertheless, for now, this is my preferred multi-tool.
Jim

RickJ said:
What do you think about it? Seems like a pretty good deal for the price around $42.00 Dollars.

I just bought one today.
I have own a number of leathermans including the wave (old style) and ST200.

I like that all the tools lock and the lock release is much better then the way it is on the ST200.

It will end up being my EDC until I decide I just can't live without another new model.

Back