who here LOVES wegner but dislikes vic?

i'm a life long vic lover (don't want to start a flame war) and i know lots of folks that love vic, some that don't care either way, and i never met one that PREFERS wegner.

so... i KNOW they are out there... speak up! tell me why you prefer wegner

I prefer the Wenger Standard Issue over the Vic Soldier but thats about it. Nothing a gainst Wenger, Vic just seems to make more models that appeal to me.

I have three older Wenger's that just won't take a keen edge like the Vic's. My new Wenger takes a keen edge every bit as good as a Vic. I really prefer Vic's but, cannot do without a Wenger Esquire! JMHO

I like the Wenger SI more than the Vic Soldier, because of the lanyard bail. My first real SAK (not a knock-off) was a Wenger. While the Wengers are good quality, and have improved through the years, I have generally liked Vics more- except the SI/Soldier.

For many years, Wenger's models had somewhat weaker backsprings than Vic models, even though the fit and finish from both companies has always been high. Lately, though, the backspring issue seems to have receded, perhaps as a result of the Wenger-Vic merger.

I myself prefer Vics but I have to acknowledge the innovation Wenger has shown in recent years -- the Evo/Evogrip models, Pack-Lock, Ranger series...

I've always had vics because way back in the day my grandfather told me they were better all around quality. I've never owned a wenger because of that and I've never seen one that I've wanted over the vic. Plus, I've put my vics through some very hard use and never had a problem other than an occational spring break on the scissors.

I like Wenger because Vic only has a nail file on one or two of their full sized SAK's.

I'm mainly a Vic guy too. The bail on the SI is great. And I just picked up an EvoGrip 18, my first real Wenger. I like things about it, but I prefer the Vic. I love the scissor mechanism and the can opener. Never really like the can opener on the Vic, despite the mini flathead up top. I like the more compact size of the 84mm knives. It feels smaller (and for some reason, thinner) than my Super Tinker. But, I don't like the placement of the toothpick/tweezers, the scales don't quite sit flush with the tools (merely cosmetic) and I kind of miss the Vic hook. I never use the bloody thing, but I miss it for some reason. The only one of those I will even care about down the road will be the toothpick...I can get the tweezers out just fine with short nails. Everything else considered, I'm very happy with my first Wenger

I much prefer Victorinox. I do have a Wenger World Scout Knife, which I like. Scissors came apart on it a while back though. I returned it, and they replaced the whole knife - a shame as the new one was blunt.

Years ago, when I used to review knives for UK outdoor publications, Wenger asked me to do a comparitive test between the Swiss Champ and their version at the time, the Major. Despite the fact I thought the SC was a much better knife, the UK distributor of Victorinox knives at the time, (whom I dealt with regularly), not only refused to supply a test knife, but tried to talk me out of doing a comparitive test. Wenger supplied me with a Victorinox Swiss Champ to test!

Back