Who is Copper and Clad?

CCK

Please forgive my ignorance, but what's the deal with Copper and Clad and Buck knives?
I have recently found their website, and they have some pretty nice Bucks that are not available from the Buck site, and for less then Bucks sells for.
For example, 119s with 5160 blades for $70?......Stag handle 119's for $160?
The site looks like these are legit Buck factory knives, and I know that folks here buy from them. What is C&C's relationship with Buck?
I'm liking the idea of the $70 carbon steel 119.

Cliff

Copper & Clad is a Buck knife dealer operating out of Springfield Missouri. They are connected with Shepherd Hills Cutlery. In addition to carrying the standard catalog of Buck knives, Copper & Clad is known for having knives made for them by Buck with unique, exclusive features. They have extracted a few pennies from my wallet this year and probably a few more before it's over. Buck makes exclusive patterns and products for many dealers such as Bass Pro, Cabela's, SK blades, Dicks, AG Russell etc etc. These exclusive offerings will only found in the catalogs of those individual dealers. I have the impression a order of 100 or more will do the trick.

Last edited:
They’ve certainly gotten their pry bar on my wallet as well. :rolleyes:

One of my favorite shopping sites. :thumbsup:

... they have some pretty nice Bucks that are not available from the Buck site, and for less then Bucks sells for.... Cliff

One more comment :rolleyes: ... Buying directly from Buck is not the best deal... Buck has to be careful not to undercut the dealer network. A dealer is free to discount, Buck less so.

Apparently so. I am blown away by the quality and just badass-great-knifeness of a made in U.S.A. Buck for the price they go for, even from the Buck site. Buck has their act together and obviously respects their customer to offer such good knives at these prices, and made in the U.S.A. as well. Go Buck! Probably moving from Cali to Idaho helped. I think I paid $35 for my 110 at a Big 5 store, and it is a handier knife, heavier duty blade, better lock-up, practically no play in the blade after years of daily use, than my Benchmade that cost about 5 times as much, and the Benchmade is a great knife.

Last edited:
Pro series Vantage with S30V for 30 Bucks at Buck. Best deal.

Yes, where are they? I bought a little one on the bay and received one in trade for a rare fillet Buck with a spoon in the handle but I'm looking for a S30V to EDC..

Not seeing that either, definitely not on the Buck site. 420HC on C&C is in that range, a little more than double that for S30V.

I'll dig up the receipt.

Factory sale 50 percent in 2013.my bad.

Last edited:
Oh, you meant one time web or in store special. Not current everyday pricing right?

I'll dig up the receipt.

Factory sale 50 percent in 2013.my bad.
gotcha a sale or special 4 almost 5 years ago. makes sense now. had me scratching my head where this deal was at. seen the s30v pro large for around mid 50s but nothing that cheap. havent looked for the small pro s30v, so not sure what a good deal on that one is. have no use or need for a folder that small. already have too many smaller folders.

A great deal though! That's awesome. A Pro series Vantage with S30V is definitely on my list, the larger black and blue one. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yes. This year but old stock. 2013 model. Only had a couple available.keep an eye out. Look at the 120/110 deal we seen. You never know where these deals pop up unless your looking. Most of the pricing at a Buck sale is about on par with some online retailers. You may get a decent deal using your BCCI discount at the Buck store as well. I've seen this Knife o line for under 60 which is pretty good. I paid more for the blue black pro model at the store than online.
20171117_234316.jpg

Last edited:
Pro series Vantage with S30V for 30 Bucks at Buck. Best deal.

Got a link? I saw your post and excitedly ran to Bucks website thinking I’d pick one up, but couldn’t find it. They all seem the normal prices from what I could see.

Oh. I just saw your follow up post, you meant the factory sale. Booooo. I missed out.

I've purchased a total of 4 dealer exclusives (can't remember if I bought my FG 112 from them, but that would be 5) from Copper and Clad over the past year. So far every purchase was a positive experience. I'm planning on picking up another 4-5 over the next year from them, too. :D

Last edited:
Just a quick note:

I have bought from Copper & Clad more than once, and I wasn't disappointed. They are legit. If you live outside the USA or Canada, the Buck website won't let you order custom knives*. The Copper & Clad website doesn't always do that either, but the Copper & Clad Ebay page does. It's a good alternative to buying customs from the Buck website if you live outside the USA or Canada.

* Buck recently replied to me on Instagram, implying I could contact them directly about ordering a custom to see if maybe something was possible. So shoot them an e-mail if you're interested.

I didn't know C&C was affiliated with Shepherd Hills. I've gotten quite a few Case's from them and had good experiences. C&C is a great company to deal with. They have some cool configurations and I still have a few of their models I'd like to get....

One of the coolest knives offered by CC is the aluminum framed 110. I mean, really! A 110 with aluminum frame and S30V! The only reason I have not bought one is because they are unable to ship to me at this time.

Back