Who makes an unbreakable pen?

I'm a fan of caran d'ache as well but they're hardly unbreakable. Check out Surefire's new pen.

Surefire's new $125 pen. THAT'S a budget-buster. :D
(I got one.)

The Bullets are the best for sheer durability. There isn't much available to break. They have a couple of new bullets, too. One is the oild model with a flat end at one end. The other is the working end slipped into a shell casing. That's a REAL "bullet" pen.

Zebra F-701! Under 10 bucks, and it takes a Fisher SPR refill if you take the plastic spacer out of the tip. :D
Zebra701.jpg

This :thumbup:

Space pen makes other pens as well,including one called the military I believe. It was 16 bucks canadian last time I looked

Another vote for the Mil-Tac. I love mine and I just can't seem to destroy it! I still need to get around to buying the conversion kit from Brigade Quartermasters to make it use Fisher inserts though.

Also, I agree with the Rotring suggestion--they're not light, but they sure are sturdy! Good luck trying to destroy one of them!

I do a lot of work outside and my fisher bullet is in my pocket 24/7. Have never had it leak. Almost to small, hard to find sometimes. I have gone through a lot of refills by writing on stuff like wood and metal, but it always gets the job done for me.Erv

While its not in your price range its a worthy investment

I have a "Tuff Writer" that I purchased at a show as I was slightly...well hungover and it was Tacticool. Very solid construction, writes excellently, and in a pinch can do some damage. Also it takes Foray or Fisher refills

Interestingly enough a few weeks after I bought it I figured for the 55$ I shelled out for it I should start carrying and using it daily, a few days later I had to punch out a car window at accident scene and I used the pen as it was in my pocket and the first thing I could grab.

Worked perfectly to shatter the window and afterwards when the paras extracted the person and I had to give a report/statement I let the officer use my pen because his wasn't working. When he asked what I used to crack the window to get to the person I told him that he was holding it...Took him a good minute to figure out I was talking about the pen.

http://www.tuffwriter.com/

It gets a thumbs up from me (though not on the price).

Sorry to resurrect an old thread.

I bought a Fisher Bullet Pen and carried it around for a few days clipped to my left front pocket. Sure enough, I caught the clip on something and it busted clean off.

Does anyone know if the various titanium pens out there have stronger clips than the Fisher Space Pens? I really hate to have pens (like knives) rattling around in the bottom of my pocket, so I'm looking for something that I can clip to the pocket. Thanks.

I don't spend a lot of money on pens but I like a decent made product..
I picked up a couple Zebra F-402's at the Wally Mart a while back for $5.50 IIRC.
Seems to be fairly well made and has good grip with the bottom section having a "Grippy" material on it. I've sat on one of them a couple times and have seen no adverse effects yet.
I like them well enough that the other day I misplaced them, I grabbed a couple others and headed off to work. I actually missed them.. Fortunately I found them the next day :D
So far, the best low dollar pens I have tried.

bulgron, if you want a tough pen that writes very well and has a practically unbreakable clip, get the Mil-Tac. If you can get a Perrin Concepts pen, that's a good one, too, and completely civilian-looking. Do NOT go near the Lightfoot. The cap almost looks like an afterthought and doesn't hold on the tail end at all.

For those who hadn't got the word: never buy from Botach.

I just bought a Rick Hinderer Extreme Duty Pen for 80.00 at Arizona Custom Knives. It uses a Fisher refill and is pretty tough.
garciajr

Back