Who needs a sheath for a KaBar with a 7" blade?

As a result of my inability to read product descriptions thoroughly I have a Brandy-new "KaBar Full-size Black Glass-Filled Nylon Sheath", KaBar item # 1216, which does not play well, indeed at all, with my BK7.

In the hope that some other good person benefit in some small way from my stupidity, I'd like to give this to some deserving soul.

BUT- You'll have to earn it.

Here's the deal: Compose a haiku OR limerick expounding the virtues of the KaBar knife. I may grant extra consideration for a submitted limerick that will factor in the inherent difficulty of rhyming (the only thing I personally can think of that rhymes with KaBar is "gay bar"). You can see the enormity of the challenge. At about 7:00 PM CST tonight, I'll decide which prose best reflects the spirit of the challenge, and announce a winner. Thread comments will be highly regarded in this decision process as though I am mad with power, I am a generous donor and appreciate the ramblings of the Peanut Gallery and will grant them due consideration.

So, if you have a 7" bladed KaBar knife that would enjoy living in this sheath, and are not intimidated by such a challenge, put on your rhyming caps and set fingers to keyboard. After the winner is chosen, that winner will shoot me a PM with shipping addy and I'll have the sheath on it's way to your happy home.

Now...Thrill me.

Perhaps you should try selling it or giving it away in the gear and gadgets section.
Because no self respecting knife fanatic would be caught dead, even if by election
Trying to create a discernible limerick using Gay-bar as any sort of descriptor for KABAR.

:D

I that right eh? :p

My father in law had a KABAR, that instantly triggered my radar.
It's rusty as poo, so got work to do, to make it more butch than a a gay-bar.

Well, i tried...

Woohoo! :D That's gonna go perfectly with my latest project.

PM comming your way. Thanks;)

Edit: PM not comming your way. Seems i need a paid membership for that. I left you a visitor message.

Last edited:
Um, I'm wondering if I should be offended here.

Out of two entries, I didn't even rate a "thanks for playing."

No one gets my humor or appreciates it. Oh the Horror!

Um, I'm wondering if I should be offended here.

Out of two entries, I didn't even rate a "thanks for playing."

No one gets my humor or appreciates it. Oh the Horror!

No prose or rhyme, only braying;
Just this response: No "thanks for playing".

:p

Ah, but he did have rhyming. It was buried within each line. Had he written it out with the rhymes at the end of each line, he would have had 3 couplets. :)

Ah, but he did have rhyming. It was buried within each line. Had he written it out with the rhymes at the end of each line, he would have had 3 couplets. :)

OK, I concede this is true. But NN did manage to incorporate "gay bar" into his. No mean feat.

LOL ZZ. Thanks for the back-up. But it's not really that important.

Considering there were only two responses, I figured I did ok with the whole stupid Gay-bar thing.

I don't even need or want the sheath. :D

Perhaps you should try selling it or giving it away in the gear and gadgets section.
Because no self respecting knife fanatic would be caught dead, even if by election
Trying to create a discernible limerick using Gay-bar as any sort of descriptor for KABAR.

:D

he cant sell it. he does not have a gold membership or higher but he can trade it for something else.

Back