Who owns Ka-Bar?

jbib

Gold Member
Basic Member
At a gun show today while at a table specializing in knives I remarked how excited I was about my new made in USA Ka-Bar folder. His remark was, "you know the Chinese purchased them about seven years ago!". True or false?

It is disturbing that "fake news" like this can grow legs in an incubated environment.

KA-BAR, and Union Cutlery before, have always been owned and operated in the USA. KA-BAR was owned by ALCAS, which later became Cutco, since 1996. We have heard the "sold out to China" line before. Usually it comes from someone trying to sell a different brand.

Last edited:
KA-BAR, and Union Cutlery before, have always been owned and operated in the USA. KA-BAR was owned by ALCAS, which later became Cutco, since 1996. We have heard the "sold out to China" line before. Usually it comes from someone trying to sell a different brand.
Thank you. I'd never heard it before. I'm all in for Ka-Bar and proud to say I have your S&A folder, the big one!

At a gun show today while at a table specializing in knives I remarked how excited I was about my new made in USA Ka-Bar folder. His remark was, "you know the Chinese purchased them about seven years ago!". True or false?
One of the main rules of life is this: NEVER believe anything you hear at a gun show! :D

Probably best not to believe much of what you see on the internet either...

ID2HH6S.jpg

D4KPQXu.jpg

One of the main rules of life is this: NEVER believe anything you hear at a gun show! :D
Sometimes I think gun shows are opportunities for people to show their collections knowing nothing will sell because of their outrageous prices.

Which folder did you get?

Nevermind. I just saw the other thread. Enjoy your knife.

Last edited:
Back