Who still carries a Case Knife?

Yeah the lazer is a no brainier, even for a peon like me... Faster, increased accuracy and no loss of quality? How could you say no.

Using a lazer to mark the blades is not a cheapening or a shortcut.... It's a obviously better way of doing something that just makes sense.

My new 005 is lazered. I'll take some comparative photos under the scope tomorrow evening and we can see the difference.

Last edited:
It also says in Pennlu Pennlu 's post they were already doing it on the Tony Bose collaborations as well. It's hard for me to take a pic right now, so here's an old one I already have to give an example.
My Case/Bose Eureka Jack has some very fine "stamping" on the tang. It's definitely laser etched looking at it. Extremely crisp, it's also deep enough to catch a nail on. I don't see it wearing down anytime soon 😉

view

Yeah the lazer is a no brainier, even for a peon like me... Faster, increased accuracy and no loss of quality? How could you say no.

Using a lazer to mark the blades is not a cheapening or a shortcut.... It's a obviously better way of doing something that just makes sense.

My new 005 is lazered. I'll take some comparative photos under the scope tomorrow evening and we can see the difference.
Speaking from my personal experience in manufacturing you are absolutely right. Maintaining stamping & molding type machinery can be VERY time consuming. Parts wear, need cleaning during runs, repair work if damaged, can be inconsistent at times. Just from a quality standpoint it's a great way to go (once you get it dialed in) not to mention all the machine downtime you will save on routine maintenance.
Can't wait for your comparative close up pics, I'd be interested to see them 👍

Well, I guess we'll have to see how the new laser "stamps" turn out. I'm sure it will cut production costs since they won't have to deal with all the problems they say are associated with stamping. So, we can expect a reduction in prices, right?

Right?????:)
Probably an increase.... they have to pay for the laser engravers.... :rolleyes:

And I'm curious to see how well they do.... I deal with laser engraving here at work, on mostly titanium, but I know you can tweak the settings to get just thin, surface kind of engraving, or you can do more "emphatic" levels of engraving....

And, my Case knife carry for this week is my Bradford 5347, three spring stag stockman....
As I do most of my three blades, I "ergo'd" this one... I took the silly hump off the sheepfoot blade, and lowered it just a touch, and took the silly hump off the spey blade, making it more of a spear shape... These tweaks make these knives SO much more user-friendly.
I really like the three spring version of the 47's.... no "krinking" of the sheepfoot to get it to nest properly. All blades straight, and lined up nicely....

Before ergo...

5347 stag mark.jpg

After ergo...

5347 stag mark ergoed.jpg

5347 bradford nesting.jpg

5347 stag mark ergoed open.jpg

The top one is the best knife ever made (the sowbelly I've been carrying everyday made 2020). The bottom one is the new 005.

Personally.... Do I wish they would go a little heavier on the lazer .. sure.... But it looks solid and it's not going anywhere. It's etched into the metal, there is nothing to flake and you would need sanding equipment to rub it off.

Back