Who will report for us?

Wednesday! It’s Wednesday!

Well, so what? I mean, in the great scheme of things, Wednesdays are pretty ho-hum: we have one every week, right?

Well, yeah, but what about Fridays? Well, Fridays occur with boring regularity, too, but this Friday something special happens that only occurs once a year, and it’s a biggie: Blade.

Yes, that’s right, Becker Boys and Girls: Blade — the most important event in the knife world — starts Friday.

Blade is three marvelous days of structured madness where manufacturers — Becker/KA-BAR being the most important to us — show off all their goodies. They show (and sell) the existing lineup, of course, but more importantly, they show the new releases, too. That’s pretty exciting stuff, to be sure, but it gets even better: they show prototypes, as well.

That’s right, Beckerheads: we just might get a sneak peek at things that are on the drawing board for the future. Last year, for instance, we got a sneak peek at the Tweeners that will be released at this year’s Blade.

Which of you are going to Blade? Who will chronicle the event for those of use who can’t attend? Most importantly, who will take pictures of all the new and upcoming toys for those of us who can’t be there to see for ourselves?

Who’s going? Let us know your plans for Blade.

Can't wait for the reports to come in :D
It's too bad I'm freaking 5.000 miles away. Some day I'll visit Blade, some day....

Have fun to anyone going there!

Can't wait for the reports to come in :D
It's too bad I'm freaking 5.000 miles away. Some day I'll visit Blade, some day....

Have fun to anyone going there!

Me, too. I can't wait for the reports and pictures, either.

I'm kind of in the same boat as you: I'm 2,000 miles away, and simply can't get there. Some day, though, some day...

1000 miles for me, and i might just have to call The Man at least once...

could even then post about it.

then again, The Man has a laptop now. HE could do daily updates ;)

#

1000 miles for me, and i might just have to call The Man at least once...

could even then post about it.

then again, The Man has a laptop now. HE could do daily updates ;)

#

Hey, that's right: you and your new lens will be off camping, just when we need you most.:D

I know that the Big Kahuna has a laptop now (he mentioned it in another thread), but do you think he'll actually do updates (with pics, of course)? I mean, there are so many distractions at Blade.

I'm going, it's a 12 hour drive but I figure it's worth it, I've never been before. I'll take pics and post them Monday, and show off my new goodies!

I'm going, it's a 12 hour drive but I figure it's worth it, I've never been before. I'll take pics and post them Monday, and show off my new goodies!

That's great, snowalker! I understand that it's a terrific experience (haven't been able to make it yet myself).

Take lots of neat pictures for the rest of us (don't forget the prototypes), and post them when you can.

Oh, and have fun!

If it was 'just' a 12 hour drive I would go. Sadly, it would be a very expensive 15 hour flight. Be sure to take lots and pics Snowalker!

tweener! tweener! one more day of laying down in the corner in a fetal position...yah!

tweener! tweener! one more day of laying down in the corner in a fetal position...yah!

Yeah, pretty much my sentiments, too, although Blade runs for three days (Friday, Saturday and Sunday), so who knows when we'll actually see them.

Yeah, pretty much my sentiments, too, although Blade runs for three days (Friday, Saturday and Sunday), so who knows when we'll actually see them.

ah, but i have a plan b. i hope to get liquored up with my favorite bourbon friday night that i pass out until monday morning where i wake up to the becker forum filled with glorious, hi-res pics of the tweeners :D

my living will states if i die of alcohol poisoning, that my beckers be given at random to members here :eek: i'm going to haunt bladite then for not posting pics of the tweeners soon enough :p

ah, but i have a plan b. i hope to get liquored up with my favorite bourbon friday night that i pass out until monday morning where i wake up to the becker forum filled with glorious, hi-res pics of the tweeners :D

my living will states if i die of alcohol poisoning, that my beckers be given at random to members here :eek: i'm going to haunt bladite then for not posting pics of the tweeners soon enough :p

Ahhh. Well, it's always good to have a plan B.:D

i'll be happy to add you to my spirit jar - i use it to read at night and look at tweeners

Bladite

Wow. It’s Thursday, already!

Ever notice how neatly Thursday fits in between Wednesday and Friday? Every week it just slides right in there, making sure that there’s no hole in the week. When we see Thursday arrive, we can be pretty sure that the next day will be Friday, and this week, that means the start of Blade.

Blade! Tweeners! Goodies galore! Who knows what will turn up at Blade, and that’s what makes it so exciting.

All of Beckerdom will be watching to see what will be shown at Blade, and I’m no exception: I just can’t wait! I wish that a prototype of the folder were being shown, but one can’t have everything. Still, I can’t wait for the reports and pics!

Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow, you’re only a day away!

I'm stuck in Michigan fixing a potholed mile of roadway. (State pastime) I'm having so much fun here... Blade? Blade? What's Blade? ha! :barf:

one more day...

I'm stuck in Michigan fixing a potholed mile of roadway. (State pastime) I'm having so much fun here... Blade? Blade? What's Blade? ha! :barf:

one more day...

See, it's those awful winters you have back there that are responsible for all those potholes.

Now, if you lived in sunny San Diego, you'd still have the potholes, but not because of the whether. Here you'd have to blame them on the city just not caring.

Back