who's got the tactical katana machete?

jbmonkey

tbd.........
Platinum Member
got mine yesterday. pretty darn good, but i'm not a fan of the plastic grips....too many hot spots and sharp edges on the right side of the pattern. i did some minor work with it in the yard last night just to try it out. good size and design and right price, but i prefer the 1917 cutlass machete....so far....

anyone have any/heard/tried good ideas on how to make the grip more comfortable other than sanding it? thanks.

got mine yesterday. pretty darn good, but i'm not a fan of the plastic grips....too many hot spots and sharp edges on the right side of the pattern.

This seems to be a really common complaint, unfortunately...it's what's kept me from getting one, so far.

As for comfort, I saw couple guys who made it more comfortable for themselves with some kinda paracord wrap.

i should be fair it isn't horrible, but i just don't really like it.

both good ideas. thank you. appreciated.

Grab some sandpaper in your hand, grab the grip, and then rub your hand over the hotspots until the sandpaper smooths them off.

Cold Steel Two Handed Katana Machete doesn't look nearly as cool, but has a much better/more comfortable handle. I'm thinking of getting one as well but, actually ....The only thing the newer tactical katana really has going for it is that it has a classically curved blade and looks more...umm... Japanesy....IMHO.:rolleyes:

^yep. Agree. Thats why i got it.

Freman....i really didnt want to sand it down, but i was thinking of sanding it smooth and your idea is pretty smart. Just attacking the sharp spots. Not a bad idea.

Sure wish they would change the handle......it doesnt make a lot of sense to me other than for looks i guess.

What's the flexibility like on the Tactical Katana? I have the Barong and Gladius, which are also 2.8 thick, but the blades are much wider than the Katana, with practically no flex at all, making then very sword-like. Just wondering about the Katana, with the much narrower blade.

It does flex but its stiffer than i would have thought.

Back