Who's interested in a special edition 2012 DDR/HTM Forum Gunhammer?

No go on 204p. He doesn't like it.

This is Hark regarding what Darrel said about 204P. Sorry. Not that its out of the question completely I guess, we could always hold his feet to the fire but if he doesn't like it that says a lot for me.

I'm checking the forums on my phone on an extremely slow roaming data connection right now; I could barely get this page to load, let alone create a new thread with poll options, etc. But I should have internet at the hotel I'm staying at on Friday and could start a revised steel poll then.

Having said that, though, I'm happy with Elmax as the blade steel if we go that route.

Just ordered a custom Gunhammer from Darrel, I asked to have a cutout like on the HEST knives, he said ok, maybe we should ask
for this on the special run, He will have it down once he finishes my custom. poke, wink, nod

Just ordered a custom Gunhammer from Darrel, I asked to have a cutout like on the HEST knives, he said ok, maybe we should ask
for this on the special run, He will have it down once he finishes my custom. poke, wink, nod
Congrats on ordering one of Darrel's customs!

As far as putting a HEST-style bottle opener cutout on this run, I'd have to pass: I wouldn't have a use for it (I always carry a Victorinox with me) and like the lines on Darrel's knives as they are. Plus, incorporating a feature from another knife is one thing if done by request on a one-off custom piece, another thing if put on a production or semi-production knife.

I could forego the bottle opening function, but a wave feature would be cool. But in any case, a flipper with bearings might be overkill if it has a wave feature. Ill stick to the flipper with bearings.

I think ELMAX may just be our best bet. We haven't really been able to find anything else the both we and Darrel agree on. And we aren't exactly settling for ELMAX either. But, unless people want to throw down another ~$50 for S90V or 20CP, this is what we are working with.

I am pretty content with the set up we have now, and I hope that stonewash is a really heavy, robust one that will hide the inevitable use my GH will see.

I'm fine with Elmax. I'm honestly ready to place the order. Just need to know whether we're going blue/gray or if we want to go for the green.

I am not this patient guys. Is it cool to just assume ELMAX is okay since it was such a close vote? I will say, my only issue with this knife is that it's gonna be $20 more for a knife that doesn't have M390 which bugs me a small amount. But, OTOH, we get a manual bearing pivot which is very sweet to me. A trade off, but a small one I guess.

I am not saying I will go out and buy an M390 KC exclusive, but I am fond of them.

I am in with Elmax. Would agree no cut out or wave feature. Like the grey on grey or the green handles.

Got cash in hand, waiting for the word to get this knife going...

I'm happy with Elmax, Blue, stonewashed, if green doesn't happen.

I'm still on vacation but should have more consistent internet access for the next couple days. I'd be up for doing a poll to gauge how much willingness there is among folks interested in the knife to pay an extra $50 for S90V/20CP/etc.

Oh man, love those super steels. 20CP will be getting my vote, but won't be disappointed if we get S7 or even S125V (huh? don't worry it holds a decent edge).

I am only kidding, ELMAX is a solid back up. But...it must be unique to the GH line. Thus far I guess.

Because information is paramount and I don't want anyone to feel cheated for any reason, I was just informed that HTM Max GLIDE and assisted Gunhammers (two separate versions, not assisted and ball bearing system as some people actually ask for) are shipping to dealers as we speak. I don't know what blade steel (guessing s35vn). I just figured I should let people know. I'm guessing it will be a standard config Gunny in the black anno.

Last edited:
Dang, first the blade steel we want, then the max glide. I feel like we keep getting taken out at the knees.

Dang, first the blade steel we want, then the max glide. I feel like we keep getting taken out at the knees.
To be fair, months ago I was informed, and I posted this on these forums as well, that HTM was moving to have all Gunhammers come with bearings in stock configuration. Now whether or not that still holds true, I dunno. Nor do I know if the version I just mentioned in a reply above is the way all Gunhammers will come in the future.

I know, I was just hoping that we would have the first Gunhammers with bearings, just like being the first with XHP.

Not that big of a deal, I just felt like complaining haha.

Darrel is a victim of his own design philosophy, one that which calls for evolving his designs on a constant basis.

Ack. Now I really want to hold out for the handle color I want.

HAHAHAHA!!!!! It's only getting more complicated. In the time we had polls finished and agreed upon, Darrel has managed to use the chosen XHP steel for a run, and add the Maxx Glide bearing system to the Gunhammers. It's like we are running backwards. Holy crap, if we decide tomorrow we want them to have a frame lock with a glass breaker added, I'll open up Tactical Knives the next day and see the same knife.

Hark, can you just tell us all Gunhammer plans for the next 5 years so we can get ahead somehow :grumpy:

Back