Why am I addicted to Leathermans?

I keep doing this.

I bought my very first multi-tool many years ago in my snowboarding days. I wanted something to carry with me on the slopes in case I needed to adjust my bindings, open a bottle or a can for our picnics, etc. It was a Gerber. I thought it was pretty cool at first, but in the end I decided that I hated it because it would pinch my hand when I used the pliers. So I threw it in my truck one day to be kept as an emergency tool, and I forgot all about it.

A few years later, I realized Leatherman had come out with a design that was more user friendly, so I decided to try again. I don't remember what model it was, but I carried that for a few years until my wife and I were going on a long distant trip together. I put the Leatherman in the glove box of her car as an emergency tool of sorts, and somehow it never came back out again.

Are we seeing a pattern yet? :D

Next, I bought a Leatherman Charge as something handy to use while I'm bumming around on the weekends. That got used extremely heavily over the last couple of years as I remodeled our house. I still haven't stuck that one in a car, but it's a little banged-up, and I think it's time might be coming. Besides, the new Charge's have pretty good steel for the blade (S30V if memory serves). Maybe I'll replace the Gerber in my truck with my old Charge, and then get a new Charge. Anyway, I still wear and use my current Charge religiously on the weekends when I'm not sitting at a computer.

A few years ago, due to the cost of rising gas, I put together a street-beater bicycle that I sometimes use for running errands. Of course, I don't always want to wear things on my belt while I'm riding around, so I eventually ended up sticking a Leatherman Juice XE6 in the saddlebag. What can I say? It's come in handy more than once.

Of course, I carry a pocket knife with me wherever I go, but I still sometimes like to have a scissors handy for one reason or another. If I'm wearing my Charge, I'm covered. But during the week when I don't wear the thing, I'm occasionally at a loss. So to that end I picked up a Gerber Shortcut, which fits perfectly, if a bit too tightly, in the change pocket of my jeans. Ahh, but after carrying that around for a while, I discovered that I hated the build quality of the tools it offers (although the scissors are fine).

So today I found myself buying a Leatherman Squirt S4 (glacier blue), which fits even better in my change pocket (I put a zipper pull tab on it to help get it out of the pocket) and just simply feels like a more solid tool. The only thing I wish it had was a bottle opener, but I guess a guy can't have everything.

Of course, I threw the Gerber Shortcut into my truck as a kind of emergency tool of sorts .... :eek:

Help me.

My name is Bulgron, and I am a Leatherman addict.....

:D :D

I keep doing this.
So today I found myself buying a Leatherman Squirt S4 (glacier blue), which fits even better in my change pocket (I put a zipper pull tab on it to help get it out of the pocket) and just simply feels like a more solid tool. The only thing I wish it had was a bottle opener, but I guess a guy can't have everything.

Yes, you can have it all :D . There is a bottle opener on the larger slotted screwdriver. Although kind of fiddly, it will lift caps off your Corona bottles better than teeth. Even my wife, who prefers Vic and disdains Leathermen in general, likes her S4 (Inferno red). ;)

Yes, you can have it all :D . There is a bottle opener on the larger slotted screwdriver. Although kind of fiddly, it will lift caps off your Corona bottles better than teeth. Even my wife, who prefers Vic and disdains Leathermen in general, likes her S4 (Inferno red). ;)

Sure enough. So there is.

How did I miss that?

Cool!

Back