Why are 2 Victorinox Hunter Pros marked differently?

I hope this is a simple Q to answer. Just recently noticed a different stamp on the blade of one of my two Hunter Pros. Both blades have "Victorinox" stamped on the side with the SAK emblem on the scales. However, on the other side of the blades, only the blade with the wood scales has "Swiss Made" stamped on it.

Is there a difference because of this stamp? In all other specs/design, the two Hunter Pros are identical as the photo shows. Thanks for any clarification.

[URL='http://s621.photobucket.com/user/pumptimes7/media/pocket%20knives/DSCN1987e_zpsphshw3ge.jpg.html'][/URL]

Vic periodically change the stamps on their blades for a variety of reasons. Perhaps someone else knows if one or the other is more common, but as far as I understand its just a thing that happens.

Appreciate the comment, gadgetgeek. These are the only two Victorinox folders I have. Just was wondering if the one without the "Swiss Made" stamp might have been outsourced from Switzerland? Didn't know if this company does any of their production that way.

The other three Victorinox knives I have are multi-tools. The two newer ones have the stamp "Swiss Made" on the main blade. My older Climber (34 years and going strong) has the stamp "Switzerland" on the main blade. So to me the question was of interest. I'd bet you're close to it when you said "its just a thing that happens." Thanks.

Back