Why does no one rave about the Lochsa?

Folks have been raving non-stop about their Sebenzas, but I haven't read a peep about the Lochsa. Now, I love my Sebenzas, too -- but I'm on the list for a Lochsa (sometime next year).

Anybody out there have both, and care to give a comparative opinion?

There have been some excellent threads on the Lochsa here. Compared with the Sebbies I don't think there are that many around. Long story short, the Lochsa is the finest utility folder going IMO and I'm not thinking only in comparison to the Sebbie but to all the other tac/utility folders available right now--both production and custom. The only difference between most knives is the small details and Scott Cook has gotten the details really right on this knife.

Probably because there aren't enough of them floating around yet. They're kinda hard to come by. I like everything I have seen about them thus far though.

Not all that many in circulation. I've had one along with my Sebbies. Wasn't my "cup of tea" due to the size, felt like to me it was between the small and large sebs. I was hoping it was a bit bigger than it was. As far as the fit, finish, construction method , smoothness of operation, and looks.....the Lochsa is a top choice knife. I would love to see a 4" blade at 5/32" thick and a beefier handle, but........that's just me! :D :D

Thanks, guys. I figured that the waiting period had something to do with limiting the number of people that actually own a Lochsa. And thanks for not saying "Use the search function", 92degrees -- I know that the Lochsa has been discussed here in the past, but considering the CONSTANT discussion about the perfection/cost/sainthood of the Sebenza, I was just noting the lack of current discussion about Scott's "evolution" of the Ti framelock.

As for the size, I'm glad to hear that it splits the difference between the large and small Sebbies. My wife always gasps at the size of my (drum roll, please) large Sebenza; and while the small is perfect for everyday use, I'd like something in the middle.

I guess I'll just bide my time for the next year, and hope that the Lochsa suits me when it finally arrives.

Knife size is a funny thing as we all know. IMO the Lochsa feels and looks smaller than it is, which I think is a benefit. It's a lot slimmer than the Sebbie and it carries very lightly in the pocket. There's a lot of blade there, though -- at least for utility. I love that knife.

Everything I have read about the Lochsa has been positive. There will never be the number of threads about this fine knife that there is about the Sebenza because of the fact that are far fewer of them out there. Many people already figure that a knife the price of a Sebenza is is going way overboard. The starting price on the Lochsa is $490.00, so if folks consider the Sebbie to be too expensive, what are they going to think of the price of the Lochsa?

artsig1 said:
...I would love to see a 4" blade at 5/32" thick and a beefier handle, but........that's just me! :D :D

I'd like to see a 2.75" or 3" bladed Lochsa. For me, that would be the perfect size. Along the lines of Mike Obenauf's Mini Model 2 compared to his Small M2. However, as a new Lochsa owner (today, in fact) it's hard to find anything wrong with this knife!

-pb

I just saw the pics and it is a beautiful knife but $500.00 is a lot of money. That's nearly the cost of a big and small Sebbie combined. And this is coming from a guy that knows next to nothing about benchmade/handmade folders. The pricepoint on the Sebbie seems to tick off/rile tons of folks and the Lochsa tops it by nearly 200 clams. Personally, I'd love to have one but I really couldn't justify spending that much on a knife.

I have been carring a Lochsa for about a year now and I think it is just the right size. I have Sebenzas too, but there is noting like the "snap" when it locks up and the klunk when it closes, you just have to experience it. I got mine from a guy who didn't like it and sold it for a great price, lucky for me!
:D

I'm setting here with a brand new Lochsa just off Scott's bench. Trust me, it's well worth the wait, I ordered mine over a year ago, and very happy I did.

I got to fondle briefly at the AECA show in Chicago two years ago a Lochsa when they were new to the scene. I was totally blown away with the quality of this knife and have vowed to one day have one. I am not much of a folder guy, but consider this one to be one of the best, if not THE best folder out there. One day, I will have one... but I think it is far in the future.

Oh I agree that it is all that has been said. The one I had was of the best quality. But, if you've read my posts you have to know that I am a "big-folder" type of guy, and no it's NOT "compensation" :eek: at least that is what I tell myself :p !

Back