Why doesn't Strider make the Buck Strider folder with an ergonomic handle?

nonbox

BANNED
Emerson and Rekat makes tough combat folders with ergonomic handles. I doubt that the Sifu, Carnivore, and Commander will be less of a tactical fighter with their ergonomic handles. It is bull**** that a tactical fighter has to have a non-ergonomic handle.

Get a grip weirdo, take a pill or something. No need to be slinging your opinion in that manner. What are you so angry about? If you are into ergonomics that's great. Good for you. But ease up on the hostility. I know its tough, but its okay for someone to have a differing opinion. Count to ten or something. Jeez.

We don't do "curvy" ergonomics. That's just the way it is. Sure we do on special orders, but on knives designed to be tactical tools, no.

If you are talking about the fact that the Strider/Buck folder doesn't have the edges of the G10 rounded, that is another matter. I agree with the fact that the edges may be a bit sharp for some people. I round mine. And I have pretty tough hands. The prototypes we made did have rounded edges. They round out quickly with a bit of sandpaper. We will make the suggestion to Buck to round them in the future as well.

Your opinion about ergonomics has been marked in our log book as contrary to truth. (That's a joke, don't get hyper).

Fact: The more ergonomic your handle is, the less traction is available. Look at tires, slicks work great on a dry drag strip. Once they are heated. They don't work worth a damn in wet dirt though. It's the same. Sorry.

Talk to you soon.

Mick

Valium works wonders
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

First of all I am not angry. There is nothing to be angry about here. I am voicing my opinion about a knife design. The fact of the matter is I have considered buying a buck strider. I am leaning towards a rekat sifu. Rekat, Almar, Microtech...etc. all make tough tactical knives with ergonomic handles so take note of this. Their knives will do what the buck strider can do. I think you can have a much better grip on an ergonomic handle like that of Pat Crawford's fighting knives. With a ergonomic handle you can have a stronger, sure grip. How can you say that you have a better grip on a flat board of a handle?

I love the blade shape, size of the blade, strong construction, and materials used. My only objection is the handle.

Yes, that is exactly what I'm telling you. I'm not making this up. This is basic physics. Points of friction. Obviously we don't want to put spikes on there or anything. But an ergonomic handle has, by far, less grip adhesion.

I'm not trying to sell you here. The other blades you mention are great.

Rather or not they will do what the Strider/Buck will do, that's a different issue. My guess would be no. But since I don't own any I couldn't say. I hope they will. But will they?

Here's a quote from another topic:
" Hello,
So far my folder has pryed open two windows,
pierced a steel cabinet and made a hole by prying back and forth until the hole got big
enough to look into with a flashlight to see the contents within. It has also pryed two
hub caps off the front wheels of my vehical all with no FAILURE. This knife puts out.

Great Tool."

If you use the knife a while. It will certainly grow on you. That's the way our knives are. It's rare for a Strider customer to own only one of our knives. They embed themselves in your primal psyche.

Good luck with your choice.

Ever Vigilant

MS

I just rounded the edges of mine slightly. Took about 15 minutes. Now the edges feel just right and it slides in and out of my pocket the way I like it for normal chores and hiking carry. Great knife. I think I'm starting to like the tanto style.

Brad

[This message has been edited by Brad Kenney (edited 10-11-2000).]

yes...I too am wondering why you dont make prettier knives....and personally I would like a little ocean breeze smell impregnated into the handle too. Thanks for being there.
frown.gif

the Buck/Strider folder is awesome but wish that it's smaller. don't mind the size but it's the weight that bothers me. the thickness of the blade i think is the most important but thr handle is just too big and it still weighs it down even if the handle is titanium and g-10.

is there possiblity that there will be a smaller and lighter verison?
frown.gif

There is several new Strider|Bucks in the near future. A different shaped blade fo the curent folder, Two smaller folders, and a fixed blade, All desined by Mick and Duane. For more info. contact Joe Houser on the Buck Knife Fourm. Paul.

Back