Why green for the liners on the ESEE knives???.

jeepin

Gold Member
I was just wondering what made ESEE knives decide to use green, particularly that color green for the liners on there knives?.
I think it's freakin awesome, and I hope they decide to make some for the izula.
Looking forward to the answer.

And is there any way to get a piece to use for a machete that I'm putting different handles on?

no idea why they chose green, but my understanding is that the liners were added to help make the knives look different than the OKC ones when they first went their separate ways.

You can buy liner material from any knife making supply shop online. Try www.knifekits.com or www.JantzSupply.com. They both have it for sale.

Les.

I was just wondering what made ESEE knives decide to use green, particularly that color green for the liners on there knives?.
I think it's freakin awesome, and I hope they decide to make some for the izula.
Looking forward to the answer.

And is there any way to get a piece to use for a machete that I'm putting different handles on?

Last edited:
I'm glad they chose green. It's unique for sure! Matching the liner and handle color would've been so boring.

No joke. :eek: OMG now it will TOTALLYYYYY match my new bag and mary janes for spring...right?! OMG Yeah! ;)

I like the green too. :D

I remember Jeff had said that they use red liners on private labels blades, made for certain people or companies. If you look at some of the pics on their website you'll see some. Other than that I think they just look cool, just roll with it.

so does anyone know if they would make some for the izula and hest?.

No liners on the canvas for some reason. It's usually on the harder working knives. Guess they don't need to dress up for heavy duty. I've swapped a pair of the green liner scales to my rc5, just doesn't look right. Gonna be going back to the canvas soon

Back