Why I love kitchen knives....

To put it as simple as I can, I love kitchen knives because I have more opportunities to use them than I do with any other type of knife and because they're used to provide sustenance to those I care about.

I agree.I use my kitchen knives more than any other knives I own.Oddly they're the cheapest knives I own too.I'll have to do something about that.:eek::)

exactly....i started colecting old meat cleavers and old kitchn knives....lead to collecting custom knives and japanese kitchen knives.....but my love will always be knives for the kitchen!.....great new forum....how it becomes succesful....ryan:thumbup:

Yes I use my kitchen knives wayyyyyy more than any other knives, unless I go back to working on factory trawlers...probably won't happen this week.

Something magical about a Japanese kitchen knife.

Yep, that's also why I make more kitchen knives that anything else. This last year was the first time I started cooking whole meals using only my own knives. Feels good, though I still need to make a wider selection.

As a button I've seen puts it: "I love cooking, it's a socially acceptable way to play with knives and fire."

Yep, that's also why I make more kitchen knives that anything else. This last year was the first time I started cooking whole meals using only my own knives. Feels good, though I still need to make a wider selection.

As a button I've seen puts it: "I love cooking, it's a socially acceptable way to play with knives and fire."

Feel free to share your kitchen knives with us. I'd love to see them.

BTW I love that Quote, will probably end up using it.

Heber

To put it as simple as I can, I love kitchen knives because I have more opportunities to use them than I do with any other type of knife and because they're used to provide sustenance to those I care about.

Cool... Dave is here.

This will be good. :D

LOL. I've always felt that way as well - and I get to use them everyday. Mind you I still get strange looks when I sharpen my kitchen knives. You'd think they've never seen a diamond coated sharpening stone before :eek:

Agreed! I use hunting and outdoor type knives in the kitchen too. The fillet knife has become a versatile kitchen player in the meat department.

Here is one of mine. It is a honyaki hand forged yanagi made in Sakai, Japan.

honyaki.jpg

Back