Why is David Mary Custom closed on "random" days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Mary

pass the mustard - after you cut it
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
ETA: I have come across information strongly indicating papal claimants long before Benedict XIV were false. That makes this calendar obsolete, and leaves more unanswered questions than before. Posting for disclosure's sake.

People have probably noticed in my sig from time to time that I will announce that business is closed on certain days. Well today being January first, I am closed today as well. The reason is my obligation per my faith, which I have disclosed here, and here.

This serves to explain why I do not discuss business on these days, nor work in the shop, go to the store, buy online, etc. Most people have been considerate and understanding regarding this matter, and in the interest of transparency, I am sharing the calendar I follow here as a reference, just in case I neglect to make the announcement in my sig, which has happened from time to time. This will serve to explain why I may not reply immediately to business related messages. Rest assured, I try to get to them at my earliest convenience.

It has taken me a few years of prayer, study and research to get this Calendar together, and it reflects what I believe is the Catholic discipline binding on the faithful as of the time of 1758, when a pivotal event took place with regard to the hierarchy of the Church. In short, Pope Benedict XIV, whom I believe was a valid Vicar of Christ on earth until that time, committed an act that denied Christ and the Church, and thus he forfeited his status as pope, and became at that point a usurper, and a hireling to be fled, rather than the successor of St. Peter. This is not the position I have always held, but an evolution of my search for truth, and to date it seems to me the position most tenable and consistent with what I believe to be true Biblical and Christian principles. I believe that since that time, every man who has held himself out as a pope has also been a successor, not of Peter, but of the usurpation and heretical fall from grace of Benedict XIV.

At that time (and thus, I believe, since that time even to this day), the geographical regions of Canada, and the North Eastern United States were part of the Diocese of Québec. Days listed on the calendar as "Holyday" are those I have discovered to have been observed as such in that diocese at that time, hence my observation of them today. The calendar follows below:

1 a January 2022.jpg
1 Jan.jpg
2 a February 2022.jpg
2 Feb.jpg
3 a March 2022.jpg
3 Mar.jpg
4 a April 2022.jpg
4 Apr.jpg
5 a May 2022.jpg
5 May.jpg

Last edited:
11 a November 2022.jpg
11 Nov.jpg
12 a December 2022.jpg
12 Dec.jpg

This Calendar
This Calendar is set up to reflect, as best as can be discovered through research, the discipline in force for the Diocese of Québec as of the time of Benedict XIV. Good reasons indicate this discipline to be still in force to this day. In this time, the Diocese of Québec encompasses Canada and the North Eastern United States. The discipline has been principally referenced from the book Rituel du Diocèse de Québec, 1703 (https://archive.org/details/ritueldudiocesed00sain).

The Start of Formal Hierarchical Apostasy
The Church had always been understood to be a Divine Institution, established by God, who promised the gates of hell would never prevail against her. Pope Vigilius authoritatively declared the mind of the Church regarding this passage, and defined the gates of hell as “the death dealing tongues of heretics”. The infallibility of the Church was always understood to be a dogma. The Church had ruled officially and formally in multiple cases against the doctrine of the motion of the earth. When Benedict XIV began to rule against the Church's former doctrines, he, by his public and “official” acts, implied that the teaching Church had been deceived about a matter (the stability of the earth, and the motion of the sun) contained within the Holy Scriptures, and unanimously understood by the Church Fathers in a literal sense. Moreover, the implicit admission in the reversals of Benedict XIV was that the teaching Church had not only been deceived, but in turn deceived the faithful, and even bound them under pain of mortal sin to adhere to this deception. These reversals, therefore, were a subtle but undeniable denial of the dogma that the Church is infallible in her formal acts. The subsequent “definition” at the “Vatican Council” years later, served no other purpose than to explain away the manifest heresy of the false popes Benedict XIV and his successors. This is the position regarding the Catholic hierarchy, and the present lack thereof, that appears most probable given the information available. Given the wording of Paul IV concerning the rights of the faithful to withdraw “with impunity” from manifestly heretical alleged popes and Cardinals, it also presents itself as the safest position, the alternative being to acknowledge and be subject to manifest heretics as if they were Catholic, which is absurd and itself heretical.

Missing” Feast Days
If any names are noticed absent from this calendar, it is because their alleged canonization, or insertion of their feast was done by Benedict XIV, or one of his successors, but these men have committed public acts which fall into the criteria laid out by Pope Paul IV in his Bull Cum Ex Apostolatus Officio, as acts which, of themselves, render Benedict XIV, and his successors not popes, indicating their actions are void of any authority in the Catholic Church.

Holydays
Sundays and Holydays require worship, praise, thanksgiving to God above all other activities, and prohibit buying, selling, or performing servile works.

They may be observed by any number of possible devotional practices, among which are included one's usual daily prayers, the most holy Rosary, and the “Manner of Observing Mass at Home” of Father Leonard Goffine, along with reading the relevant passages from his book “Devout Instructions on the Epistles and Gospels for the Sundays and Holydays”. This latter is a powerful tool for edification of those learning the holy Catholic Faith, though beware, as some subsequent reprintings contain heretical insertions that are not in the original book.

General Fasting and Abstinence Rules
All baptized persons over the age of twenty-one are included in the precept of fasting.
Those over the age of seven are not required to fast, but are included in the precept of abstinence.
Age sixty, or old age, does not exempt anyone from the obligation of fasting or abstinence, though poor health, infirmity, or cases of pregnancy may mitigate, if not excuse the obligation.

Fast
On fast days, one meal alone is permitted, which must be taken no sooner than noon.
There is one smaller portion of food permitted in the evening, which must not exceed eight ounces (collation).
Fast days always include the precept of abstinence, hence flesh-meat, eggs, and dairy are prohibited, even as minor ingredients at both meal and collation.

Abstinence
Abstinence on all non-fasting days, except for the Sundays of Lent, prohibits flesh-meat, as well as gravies and sauces or any ingredients which come from fleshmeat (e.g. lard, broth, etc.) but eggs and dairy may be used.
The Fridays & Saturdays throughout the year are days of abstinence, with only the following exceptions: When Christmas Day falls on one of two days, abstinence is not required, nor is it required on the Saturdays from Christmas to the Purification, inclusively.

Lenten Abstinence
On the Sundays in Lent, Flesh-meat, eggs, and dairy remain prohibited, even as minor ingredients, though there is no restriction on number of meals taken. Sundays in Lent are not to be used as occasions of gluttony.
Fish is permitted for the Latin Rite on days of fasting, abstinence, and Lenten abstinence.

Veiling of Crucifixes, Images and Statues during Passiontide
Crucifixes, images, and statues are veiled in the evening of the Saturday preceding Passion Sunday to reflect the penitential character of the season, and because Christ hid Himself from the Jews for the days prior to His passion.
Crucifixes are revealed again on Good Friday, and images and statues in the evening of Holy Saturday.

Number of Sundays after Pentecost
If there should be more than twenty-four Sundays after Pentecost, the Masses after the twenty-third will be of those Sundays after Epiphany which were passed over, and the following is the order to be observed:
If there be twenty-five Sundays, on the twenty-fourth is said the Mass and Gospel of the Sixth Sunday after Epiphany.
If there be twenty-six Sundays, on the twenty-fourth is said the Mass and Gospel of the Fifth, and on the twenty-fifth, that of the Sixth after Epiphany.
If there be twenty-seven, on the twenty-fourth is said the Mass and Gospel of the Fourth, on the twenty-fifth, that of the Fifth, and on the twenty-sixth, that of the Sixth after Epiphany.
If there be twenty-eight, on the twenty-fourth is said the Mass and of the Third, on the twenty-fifth, that of the Fourth, on the twenty-sixth, that of the that of the Fifth, and on the twenty-seventh, that of the Sixth Sunday after Epiphany.
The Mass and Gospel of the Twenty-Fourth Sunday after Pentecost are always to be said on the last Sunday after Pentecost.
The Introit of the Mass is the same as on the Twenty-Third Sunday after Pentecost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back