Why join the AKTI?

Out of curiosity, why should anyone join the AKTI? What are the benefits? And what does the AKTI do exactly?

""Everyone who makes knives, everyone who sells knives, everyone who collects knives, and everyone who uses knives should be an AKTI member.
It will take all of us to Keep Knives in American Lives. Formed in 1997 after considerable discussion among industry leaders for the need for a unifying organization to represent the knife-making and knife-using community. AKTI's four goals were adopted to specifically define its mission:'

1. Provide a unified voice representing the knife-making and knife-using
community.
2. Promote public awareness of the history and utility of knives as tools.
3. Encourage sensible knife legislation and responsible law enforcement.
4. Educate young people about proper knife safety and the responsible
use of knives

Among The AKTI Premier Members - Corporate Sponsors are:
A.G. Russel
Benchmade Knives
Blue Ridge Knives
Boker USA
Buck Knives
C.A.S. Iberia
Columbia River Knife & Tool
Gerber Knives
International Assn Machinists & Aerospace Workers
Jantz Supply
Ka-Bar
Kershaw
Knifemakers Guild
Meyerco
Moteng
SOG
Taylor Cutlery
United Cutlery
Valor Corp
W.R. Case
William Henry Knives

The AKTI websiteakti.org Offers complete information on the goals, successes, and membership info (you can now join on the web)
Check out the educational tab for valuable information, check out the legislation tab for latest information on what is going on and how you can help!

I urge you all to check out this organization and help in any way you can!

I've been a member for a little over 2 years now and I can say that I am pleased with all of the information that they send me. I do hope that in the future that they will be able to send information out monthly instead of quarterly. But they are a new/young and growing organization. We need all of the members we can get to educate the public, the lawmakers, law enforcement and anyone who uses, collects, makes, sells knives. But for no longer than they have been around I think AKTI has done some good work. When I attend the ATlanta BLADE Show this summer I plan on renewing my membership and maybe even ratcheting it up a bit from what I did last year.

Every time I send them an e-mail I usually get a response within 24 hours. Also I think this organization can be valuable for educating the public and putting checks & balances in the current insane lawmaking environment we are currently in.

Back