Why no 4'' specwar?

From what i understand Ernie had high hopes for this model at the begining of the company. It seems fitting with all his success that he'd have added it to the line up by now. Was there ever a production run of this model? I think a 4'' specwar would sell very well if not become an instant classic for anyone wanting a defensive blade.

Haven't posted in a while. Oops. The specwar/SOCFK is one of my favorite Emerson designs and handles. Emerson had the specwar with the spearpoint A and tanto B in his regular production run from maybe 1998 until 2003 (best guess). They used the same handle pattern and blade shape for the SOCFK. Major difference is the SOCFK had the wave, but no swedge. I prefer waved models so the SOCFK was carried more until the PDW exclusive Specwar models were released with the wave and contoured handles.

If you want a 4" specwar, the discontinued CQC-11 is probably the closest. It's pictured second bottom on the first pic with the bullnose tip and recurve. The much rarer option is the Super SOCFK pictured bottom of first pic. I haven't seen a spearpoint Super SOCFK, but it could exist. Otherwise, the second picture with the Hattin, Sig Legion, and Spectrum are your next best options but they're all limited edition and have the wave. You can also find the Vindicator online pretty easily but I didn't include it in my picture since it has the same handle as the Sig Legion and Spectrum.

The sheepdog is a pretty close model to the Specwar/SOCFK too.

y4mzZTzOyJsQ_9yEhP5WTXMjnV1oPk8PPdRoj523gg_I1rUZmkH8kmDbU8vR8X5lwRkkSbQ-CuoYOb22f_8O26o5naHZy33Bzhjbr4GgQbLFLrloi_40W3kibqkUTCKUNFqlVRJwaxYHIJxfTRBdRmMIj0OtUVeA6lwIrJNwZ64e856Z2qi-HFXo6t9Z_eIk1tINV6N-3D22awW4soE7-K6Rw

y4mMaLJkA5yHJ4nLPuir-kjsVH-HdNULkaVq9LLwOnN_tTeKMzXCq3-BASIwAF8hU4ZOJZkZ0oopEgfHmkL65NhgJqUDedvFzq88_flnX-iFIKNxMejoRyFf4jJbaQS9lCPrSmbmlTD3u3X0DhsbdFjksBk6915_UEuIBrgCSJSjBMPq23vB6aap46Aqxb8l4cFA8NK5g9AS0EBBiC6ZMwLmg

Last edited:
Great collection and information, thank you sir.
999996634%20%282%29.jpg

Heres a a pic for reference, i think it would be right at home in the current line up.

That's definitely a cool big specwar proto. Maybe they didnt make any because of the Timberline Specwar fixed blades. Who knows. Also, a lot of the early production models before 2001 (Raven, cqc7, Specwar, Sark, Mach 1 etc) were under 3.5 inches except the commander. The handle of that super Specwar looks more narrow than the cqc11 and super SOCFK. It would definitely be more comfortable for my hands if they released it.

I agree sort of a long socfk. Maybe it was deemed to big at the time, but today there are plenty of super sized versions. That one looks perfect in original form imo.

I had a super socfk and like a dummy I sold it years ago. The only knife I sold that a truly regret selling.

I believe the last time specwar was run was in 2013 and only sold through Emerson's site.

The last time SoCFK was run was around 2009? time frame and was available only through one retailer, probably now defunct and I forgot the name.

Back