Why no black plain edge Biscuits?

The title says it all. All the black Biscuits (and Trance) are partially serrated. I'm not a serration fan, so I'd be stoked to see black versions of the plain edge Biscuits/Stretch Biscuits (Trance). The original Subcom, the Wharcom, Subclaw, and Drop Point Trance would be great with blackened metal and maybe a wider variety of FRN colors, no? Just thinking out loud, but perhaps there'd be a market for these things?

The title says it all. All the black Biscuits (and Trance) are partially serrated. I'm not a serration fan, so I'd be stoked to see black versions of the plain edge Biscuits/Stretch Biscuits (Trance). The original Subcom, the Wharcom, Subclaw, and Drop Point Trance would be great with blackened metal and maybe a wider variety of FRN colors, no? Just thinking out loud, but perhaps there'd be a market for these things?

Aloha G. Scott H,

Think out LOUDER! You would not believe all the requests I have gotten for a PE version that has a coated blade and also for more colors! That being said, I do believe there is a market for these, and have asked Boker already to "experiment" with perhaps the Original SF, and coating the blade black...(Although I would like to see an ALL Black WHARCOM:thumbup: )

Thanks G., keep thinking out loud...perhaps Boker will hear US!:D

God bless:cool:

I'd love an all black SF PE, along with green, blue, orange, red, etc. scaled versions of the SF PE.

I'd love an all black SF PE, along with green, blue, orange, red, etc. scaled versions of the SF PE.

;) Mahalo JSR!

Oops, that's right...I forgot that an ALL Black Wharcom would just make ya do this::barf: !

:D God bless and take care:thumbup:

If I think out any louder my head may explode (I hate it when that happens:D )! I hope Boker will be willing to take a chance and offer some blackened PE models. Perhaps we should aim a mass consciousness experiment Boker's way and see if it really works?:D

Btw, Daywalker, did you coin the term "Biscuit"? How did that all come about? I noticed in the latest Boker/Magnum catalog they refer to the standard Subcom as the "original biscuit".:eek:

I thought the same thing a week ago. Liked the all-black model, great for black pants, but hate serrations.
...Partial to orange, yellow, red myself...either I want something not to be seen, or scream to the heavens that it is there and ready.

It seems to be a "thing" with Boker. They offer a couple other models in either black or "silver", and the black ones are always partially serrated.:confused:

I hear you guys, and will bring it up.
I am not to big a fan of serrations myself.
Thanks, Terry

I would think Boker would be pumping out all kinds of Biscuit varieties. From the look at the latest catalogue and from the posts in this forum Chads designs seem to be the most popular and most talked about. I have been a daily CLB carrier for some time now. I always have at least one biscuit with me.
I am looking forward to adding more to my collection.

The fact that they're introducing the new models (Subclaw, new Trances, etc.) seems to indicate that the CLB line is doing well, which might make the big guys at Boker more amenable to expanding the line even further. I think we could see all sorts of cool variations in the future.:cool:

Terry, a big thank you for helping us out in this respect. Kudos.:thumbup:

Btw, Daywalker, did you coin the term "Biscuit"? How did that all come about? I noticed in the latest Boker/Magnum catalog they refer to the standard Subcom as the "original biscuit".:eek:

Aloha G. Scott H.,

:D ...no, it wasn't me that started this whole "Biscuit" thing.:D

I owe this nickname for the Subcom's to famed Spyderco designer of the C102 Adventura, Dialex!:rolleyes: :p :rolleyes:

God bless:)

Aloha G. Scott H.,

:D ...no, it wasn't me that started this whole "Biscuit" thing.:D

I owe this nickname for the Subcom's to famed Spyderco designer of the C102 Adventura, Dialex!:rolleyes: :p :rolleyes:

God bless:)
If you ever design an assisted opening Subcom, may I humbly suggest the nickname "Bisquick"? :p :D

Anyhow, thanks for the info, C. I guess the Biscuit name is here to stay, now that it's officially used in Boker's catalog. It's actually a very fitting nickname, IMHO.:thumbup:

Back