why rivets?

bought me my first spyderco bout 7 years ago. IT was a delica with the G-2 stainless. Recently, i gave it to a friend and got a new delica and have had it a few months now. Now im wondering, with all the new changes in the knife, why is it that the pivot is still riveted and doesnt have an adjustable pivot? i think a great addition to this knife would be to add a stainless torx adjustable pin.... why is it spyderco is sticking to rivets only on this knife?

Hi Metacarpels. The majority of buyers for our lite weights are really not interested in adjustable pivots. They purchase our FRN models because they work well and are relatively inexpensive for the performance offerred.

It is the "collector" that seems to be interested in "tuniing" or disassembling knives.

Pins are stiff, consistant and less expensive to produce.

Our higher end knives come with adjustable pivots or even excentric pivots where applicable.

sal

What Sal said.
The Delica is a hard-working knife. And I don't want an EDC knife that can come apart. And if rivets/pins keep the cost affordable, all the better.

Often wondered the same thing myself! Thanks Sal!

------------------
Wayne.
"To strive to seek to find and not to yield"
Tennyson
Ranger motto

A few useful details on UK laws and some nice reviews!
http://members.aol.com/knivesuk/
Certified steel snob!

Back