Why so few customize tools?

ckl

:rolleyes: I don't know why but i think there is a lack of hex bolt construable tools line in VIC and LM's products range...

I think the ability to change tools is important now... Kudo to SOG.

The tool makers from VIC and LM should think...

I agree. It would not take much to convert the Swisstool.

I would keep most of the tools but replace some with longer and thicker versions.

On my ST X I would replace the combo bottle opener/medium screw driver, chisel and short large screw driver with longer and thicker versions. Eliminate the chisel and divide the thickness of the chisel between the other two.

basically one less tool.

I've been wondering the exact same thing. Why doesn't someone sell a completely customizable multitool? I'm drooling thinking about all the custom add-ons people would develop. :D

Didn't Gerber have something like this on their website once-upon-a-time? Where you could have them custom-build a tool to your specs? :rolleyes:

I agree, I'd love to find a manufacturer that would custom build a tool for you or better yet, allow you to purchase parts and build it yourself! :D

Definitely, I'd want to build it myself and probably change it on a daily basis. It would give a whole new meaning to the question "what are you edc'ing today?"

To the best of my knowledge the SOG powerlock is the only truly customizable multitool, that combined with the compound leverage were two of the real selling points for me. It is STILL my EDC multitool, and I don't see that changing in the near future.

Back