Why the kidneys?

Pardon my ignorance, but why are the kidneys often specified as anatomical targets when dispatching someone with a knife? How quickly can someone die from stab wounds to this area? Thanks for you help.

~SteelDriver

Very. The kidneys have an amazing amount of blood flowing through them, not to mention that you skewer on and it's guaranteed to put them into renal failure if they don't die quickly.

Besides that, it's hellapainful - think about getting punched back there and amplifying it by about 100.

Kevin

Plus there aren't any pesky ribs in the way of a kindey thrust. Try stabbing a guy's ehart and you're guaranteed to sun into some bone!

From what I've heard a knife attack to the kidney will put the enemy into instant shock. It's not all that easy an area to attack however. It's a pretty small target, and if you stick him too low you hit butt muscle and hip bone. Also, for military applications the kidneys are often covered by equipment belt, equipment, maybe a rucksack frame, or a rifle if he's standing there at sling arms. Leigh

Kidneys are basically high pressure filters. They probably are the highest pressure regions in the human body (if I remember right). Cut one open and it is a human equilivent to a broken fire hydrant. Ouch.

The Kidneys are a non-elastomeric organ. They are not like your skin; they don’t stretch and bounce back. They are full of blood and easily reachable. Most importantly, they are accessible from behind.
Often when attacking someone with a knife (if your using a knife against someone it is an attack, even in a defensive encounter), the individual will turn their back and ball up. It is a natural reaction to having your important parts attacked. The Kidneys are a good target at this time. If the person is wearing body armor, the rectum is an excellent target as well.

Ever Vigilant

Mick

Rectum hell, it nearly killed em.

RLTW

The mere thought of a Strider fighting knife doing the "rectum rumble" on a BG is a bad, really bad, way bad mental picture.

Thanks, Mick:eek:

A variation to a Texan heart shot :eek: :D :D Redneck Rimming :barf: :barf:

Please do remove this post. Sorry.

Some time ago, in high school, I was asked to cut a kidney open with a scalpel (People knew that I was a knife nut and "pretty good with knives"). After completing the demanded task I started my own experimentations. I already knew that the kidneys were easy to puncture, but quite hard to slice open (or maybe that's just my surgical skills..or the blade).But when I applied pressure to the inside of the puncture, started pushing my finger through, the puncture was torn open really eazily! As Mr. Clint Simpson mentioned, the pressure inside kidneys is great. Now think about making a hole in it and how it starts to enlarge when the blood mixed with urea etc. rushes out..suddenly you have a 3 in canyon in place of the original 3/8 in long puncture..

I don't have medical training, so I don't know too much..just enough to be dangerous :D

Cheers!

I can see it now - which Strider to attack the rectum?

Spark -

I know the answer to that one!

The Strider KerRAMbutt!

Yes? No?

Mick, what do I win?:confused:

I picture the Strider Rectum Wrecker as something with a blade of about twelve inches and a lot of big, sharp saw teeth. The teeth should be slanted towards the handle. The insertion don't hurt too much, but that withdrawl stroke is a bitch...disembowelment from the inside out. Leigh

Wreck'ed Um?....it nearly killed him :eek:

Will Strider guarantee a new wrapped handle if the knife is used in this manner?

If I remember correctly Mr. Mick has some personal experience with a rear end shot from a SLCC:eek: :D :D :D

I thought strider had a no fine print guarantee.

I trust if strider intends the knife to be used in that manner they would make the handle Micarta or something that can be washed. Probably a well textured G-10 or possibly epoxied cordwrap.

PLEASE STRIDER, DO A STINGRAY SKIN AND CORDWRAP SOMETIME.....
that would be soooo awesome!!!

Memnonch, pour a bottle of isopropyl alcohol over it or boil it, that'll last you until you can fed-ex it bakc with proper warning labels (Careful, guys, this is one sh!tty knife inside!)

Auntie "Emma" and her front side counterpart, Uncle "Dick"

Now cough!:D

Okay besides that, kindeys are a blood "filter".
They filter the blood and removes the waste by putting it into your urian.
It's also an easy target to reach if the person back is turned, and getting hit there is no fun either.

Back