Why was this knife discontinued? (Cold Steel Triple Action)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out some cool tricks. The_Iron_Joe The_Iron_Joe

Such a cool design. Even that blocky prototype is neat. Keeping things legal in Canada means that the knife can't be opened via gravity or with centrifugal force, so some good blade retention while closed would be necessary if I made my own, but I love the type that just falls open...

Such a cool design. Even that blocky prototype is neat. Keeping things legal in Canada means that the knife can't be opened via gravity or with centrifugal force, so some good blade retention while closed would be necessary if I made my own, but I love the type that just falls open...

His tricks seem to involve him holdng the middle section. My Perrin doesn’t allow this because the outer “scale” completely covers the middle “scale” when closed.

On the Perrin you have to hold the section at the bottom of this pic when it is closed.
dIiOXra.jpg

Thus I can only do these tricks.

As was mentioned, if you do find a Cold Steel one, and try and do tricks with it, you will cut into the frame deeply on misses. Really deeply. It's a fun design, but one that just didn't work out right.

Yup, an interesting design.
But Too cumbersome for most to deploy efficiently in haste.
rather sloppy for attempted quick openings.
Would rather stick with duo-fold stickers.
Just my two cents.

As was mentioned, if you do find a Cold Steel one, and try and do tricks with it, you will cut into the frame deeply on misses. Really deeply. It's a fun design, but one that just didn't work out right.

I recommend lining the inside channel where the edge can contact with strips of credit card epoxied in place.

On the cold steel that is the section furthest from the blade when the knife is fully opened. On the perrin it is in the middle section.

Years ago this knife would pop up once in a while in the Balisong forum (back when it was much busier and the balisong market was much stronger). The consensus was that the aluminum handles were way too soft and the pivot points would eventually become loose and wobbly. I can't remember much else terribly specific, but I'm sure if you search through the annals in the Balisong forum you'll find some relevant opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back