Wicked Edge 3D-Model

So, this past week I disassebled my wicked edge gen3 and used the opportunity to build a 3D Model from it.

The dimesions should be pretty correct though the threads on the original probably are imperial instead of metric(I choose metric because seriously fuck imperial). Also the screws to finetune the angle and the ones to fixate the angle aren't 100% true to reality(In reality the tuning screws are set screws/look a bit different) and the fixating ones are slotted thumb screw with a bit smaller diameter. The marked angles are approximations as they are of no use to me.
I might add the actual sharpening stones/strops in the near future(if anyone needs them feel free to hit me up)

It's made fully with joints and motion links so you can play around a bit.

I thought maybe some of you might appreciate it for making accesoires(I used it to print spacers for traditionals with multiple blades) or are afraid of taking theirs apart. Or you're a maker and want to see how your knife will fit in the Clamps.

So without further ado - here it is:
fXolfv7.jpg

The Fusion360 Project: https://gallery.autodesk.com/fusion360/projects/108844/wicked-edge-generation-32016

Also if the guys from wicked edge read this and don't approve of it I'll take it down ASAP. I don't mean to cause any harm or anything

Last edited:
Wow that is an awesome project, but when I try to follow your link it says it is not public.

But,,,,,,, I can't download it:( I have been using Fusion for nearly 4 years now and was really hoping to check out your model. How long did it take you to model it anyway? That is a lot of work!

But,,,,,,, I can't download it:( I have been using Fusion for nearly 4 years now and was really hoping to check out your model. How long did it take you to model it anyway? That is a lot of work!
Damn I really thought I had checked the box for allowing download; I'll get to that when I'm home. Worst case I'll upload it externally ;)

Just a bump. I am designing some stuff with Fusion this morning and it reminded me of your model. I would sure like to download it.

Just a bump. I am designing some stuff with Fusion this morning and it reminded me of your model. I would sure like to download it.
Sorry, I sometimes am not a brilliant man.
Had uploaded it, shut the computer down(after forgetting about it) thought it maybe wasn't finished and uploaded again(just to shut it down again :D ) and yeah, I kinda forgot about it as this was a busy week. I just checked and found out I actually have to enable every file I upload manually.
tl;dr File is up and accessible now. Let me know what you think :)

We can download your file and so long as we have access to a 3D printer, we can manufacture your replica of the WE Pro?

We can download your file and so long as we have access to a 3D printer, we can manufacture your replica of the WE Pro?
Not exactly no, there are no clearances in the model, you can't print springs and I doubt you can get plastic so stiff to bear the necessary loads. What you can do is go from the dimensions to produce accessoires or engineer a sharpener of this style yourself. Or just look how everything goes together

WOW, I'm blown away! That is a lot of work! Nice job!!! You obviously do a lot of CAD work. It certainly explaines how it works, and why it costs so much. Yeah, this needs to be made from machined metal parts, plastic would not work for many of these parts, and the tolerances are much tighter than a printed part can achieve. I was a little surprised to see how often screws are used to align parts. Is there a ball detent to locate the angle adjustment? There seems to be some features for this but no detents on the bottom of the Deck Plate.

To download this model you have to agree to the Autodesk policy, which includes no commercial use or passing it on.

Thanks so much for sharing.

Last edited:
WOW, I'm blown away! That is a lot of work! Nice job!!! You obviously do a lot of CAD work. It certainly explaines how it works, and why it costs so much. Yeah, this needs to be made from machined metal parts, plastic would not work for many of these parts, and the tolerances are much tighter than a printed part can achieve. I was a little surprised to see how often screws are used to align parts. Is there a ball detent to locate the angle adjustment? There seems to be some features for this but no detents on the bottom of the Deck Plate.

To download this model you have to agree to the Autodesk policy, which includes no commercial use or passing it on.

Thanks so much for sharing.
It actually is more of a hobby, but as of late I'm trying to do a bit of commission stuff on the side :)

Regarding the amount of screws: yep, for lots of the stuff like adjusting angle I'd say it's because with screws you can adjust their position analog, compared to a detent based system for example.

And yes, I didn't want to do it at the time I modeled that part and then forgot about it(may update it tomorrow) it's a detent hole beneath each angle mark and a hex-setscrew with inlet detent ball at the base that screws into the adjustment lever

Apologies, I read it as you already had done a 3d model.
Oh absolutely no problem; I did think about doing them but finally didn't because I can't make anything from the model and they're not really a challenge to model either.
If I can help with anything hit me up.

Oh absolutely no problem; I did think about doing them but finally didn't because I can't make anything from the model and they're not really a challenge to model either.
If I can help with anything hit me up.
I was thinking of printing some to try some different stones with, but Clay is a good dude and they're only 25 bucks. Trying to piece 2 paddles together with 4 different Arkansas stones, might have to wait till christmas.

I was thinking of printing some to try some different stones with, but Clay is a good dude and they're only 25 bucks. Trying to piece 2 paddles together with 4 different Arkansas stones, might have to wait till christmas.
Maybe I'll have so time to do them in the near future but I can't promise anything, I'll make sure to let you know if I do them ;)

Maybe I'll have so time to do them in the near future but I can't promise anything, I'll make sure to let you know if I do them ;)
Thanks man. Having trouble finding a solid modeling solution locally and it's over my head. Found a local source for SiC and AO stones cut to size very cheap and it would rock to have the 3d holders to extend a bit to hold 8" stones or more.

Back