Wild Westcoast Brown

1354406802973.jpg

This morning, stalking browns in the shallows,......

Thanks, Kris.
I've helped the Game Commission here(Penna.) stock rainbows and browns since I was in high school.
The only natives left around my area are some brookies in streams and creeks up north, fun to catch but small.

Doug

Thanks, Kris.
I've helped the Game Commission here(Penna.) stock rainbows and browns since I was in high school.
The only natives left around my area are some brookies in streams and creeks up north, fun to catch but small.

Doug
We have no native freshwater predators in here, and any stocking of trout is done from self sustaining wild stock and generally grow lager than they do in their native lands, which is a bonus.:thumbup:

Not many things are more nourishing to the soul than fishin, catchin, and eatin Trout. That's a beauty. What did it take?

Not many things are more nourishing to the soul than fishin, catchin, and eatin Trout. That's a beauty. What did it take?

He took a dragonfly nymph in about ankle deep water, fished on 5lb fluoro with a 5ft polyleader lite and a 8ft TFO 2wt pro series 3pc, once they feel the hook set, man they just explode straight out of the water, leaping, and their off into your backing.

Nice Catch. One of my favorite rods is a 2wt by Winston. Every fish on a 2wt feels like a keeper.

Dragon fly nymph is one of my favorite patterns:thumbup:
I've always wanted to go to NZ to fish trout, but I fear it will never be.

Dragon fly nymph is one of my favorite patterns:thumbup:
I've always wanted to go to NZ to fish trout, but I fear it will never be.

Well if you do make it, look me up. lots and lots and lots of big browns here in Lake Brunner,....Kris

Back