• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Wilder Forge Neck Knives

I was able to pick up one of Jason's Drop Point Necker knives and it is an awesome small blade. 52100 is a steel that I don't have a lot of experience with but as is comes our of the box it is amazingly sharp.

My wife is adding a lanyard to it an I'll be making my own Kydex sheath for it and then it will be going on my belt horizontally.

This blade and handle configuration is just about my favourite. I was able to sheath my Blind Horse Knife Brumby Light (another favorite) in Jason's Kydex sheath and asking side a Chris Reeve small Sebenza there are similarities between all three knives.

Great work Jason. I really like the knife.

Just curious how these were coming I had ordered it for my brothers b-day on August 12th. Any chance I will have it by then?

I've had mine for almost a year now and still EDC it, figured I'd celibate by showing you folks some pics taken over the year (most recent last):

14416796618_e64c50222b_b.jpg

14416823159_97a046b39a_b.jpg

14600135611_6f5b553f6c_b.jpg

14601416214_002112f553_b.jpg

14580383176_d9681da0ae_b.jpg

14417051957_34fa09298e_b.jpg

The black acid etching holds up really well, I oil it way less often than I should but I've never had any problems with rust anyway. Only negative I can think of is that the micarta scales have some scratches on it from inserting it and removing it from the sheath, but I guess those will polish right out with a little elbow grease.

Thanks again for a lovely companion Jason!

I just realized that I haven't responded in quite a while. I have been sending out neck knives as fast as I can make them and I know that many of you have already gotten yours. For those who haven't gotten them yet be sure that they are on their way. The best way to get ahold of me is still through email at wilderforge@gmail.com

Thanks for the wonderful pictures and reviews!

Jason, thank you for getting me my neckers. I should take a pic and post it!

For those of you still waiting: hang on, it will be totally worth it!

Good to see you got your knifemaker-status back Jason, I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work!
thumbsupsmiley.gif

Good to see you got your knifemaker-status back Jason, I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work!
thumbsupsmiley.gif

Thanks. I spent way too much time profiling and grinding the 100 knives in this batch and it got a bit daunting at times. During all that time my membership lapsed and I figured since I didn't have anything to sell at the time, I'd wait until I finished some knives.

I've now sent off quite a few and still have a lot to go. In the meantime I'm also working on some new designs that I'm excited about. I'll show those after I get more knives delivered. As much as I'd love to finish them its hard to spend time working on other designs when so many people have been patiently waiting for their knives - some over a year!

Hi Jason, I hope that you are doing well. Here is the annual fall photo of the original Wilder Forge XL Necker. Still going strong.....and getting better with age.

Regards

IMG_20141013_113953_0132.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Jason, I hope that you are doing well. Here is the annual fall photo of the original Wilder Forge XL Necker. Still going strong.....and getting better with age.

Regards

IMG_20141013_113953_0132.jpg

After 2 years of good use I'd say it might just make it! Thanks for the pic!

I just got mine in the mail today and it is a beauty! Can't speak more highly of the knife or the level of customer service provided... These knives are an incredible value, I'm already talking to Jason about ordering another.

Are you taking any new orders at this time Jason? And is CPM154 still a steel option? How much more would that add to the base price. Thanks!!!

Back