Will BM 31 affect value of older 3" balis?

Do you think that the value of older PC and BM 3 inch models will come down when the BM 31 is readily available. Right now these older ones in mint or NIB condition easily get $200-250. Will this change at all?

no. Most people who will shell out $200-250 for a vintage steel handled balisong will not use it. Most, anyway. IMHO, the titanium handled production piece is not a good substitute for a 5 yr. or older steel handled piece.

Thats good and agrees with my own thoughts. I was looking thru the closet and still have a few of these and didn't want them to convert to Enron stock in front of my eyes!

I've been looking for a steel handled three incher for a while now. Might end up just having to get two 31's and sending one of them to Mer.

Mykl -- That's what I hope to do as well. Maybe 3 of them if I can swing it(pun intnded). Keep one stock, one with holes for EDC and the other with inserts for dress. :)

The value of 44 and 45 Bali-Songs have only gone up up up since the intro of the 42, 43, and 47.

Chuck, can you offer insight as of why it goes up? Because of more exposure? Or because people simply think the Ti is not as good as the steel one?

Back