Will Cold Steel be using less aggressive g-10?

shootist16

knife law moderator
I see that Cold Steel is using less aggressive g-10 on the new lawman. Will we be seeing it on other releases as well? My jeans hope so

Just going from the descriptions, it sounds like the Swift, Ultimate Hunter and 4-Max may be a bit less aggressive. It's a change I would quite welcome, as their standard G10 is grippy to the point of abrasion.

The Lawman series, the Hold Out series and the AK-47 series are all switching to a thinner, less aggressive G10. The Recon series will remain the same

The Lawman series, the Hold Out series and the AK-47 series are all switching to a thinner, less aggressive G10. The Recon series will remain the same

Nice! That makes me significantly more interested in the Holdout and AK-47. And I was already interested in both thanks to the steel upgrade. Definitely appreciate you guys incorporating user feedback into the changes.

Is it just me, or is the new Lawman's G-10 too thin? I actually like the thickness of the AUS 8 Lawman, or the slightly thinner one on the G-10 Espada. However, it gets to a point where the handle scale is too thin to use comfortably, for example the Code 4. It's really hard to grip that think, but YMMV.

Dear CS mod, can you give us a rough measurement of how thick the new G-10 is? For example, i know the medium g-10 espada's scales are about 4mm thick since they are about as think as the blade...

I've been having issues uploading images here over the last few days.
If you visit our Cold Steel Facebook page, you'll see a side by side comparison of the old and new Lawman
Thanks!

Back