will moon knives...

i know about the crap that happened a while back, but that aside they seem like nice knives....kinda wondering why i hardly ever see any come up for sale often. like the looks of the mk10 elites. never played with one tho, not sure if i'd like the 4" blade....anyone own one? care to post a pic or 2 for eye candy?....

i know about the crap that happened a while back, but that aside they seem like nice knives....kinda wondering why i hardly ever see any come up for sale often. like the looks of the mk10 elites. never played with one tho, not sure if i'd like the 4" blade....anyone own one? care to post a pic or 2 for eye candy?....

The reason they rarely come up for sale is because everyone here is probably informed enough not to. Also they only seem like nice knives from a distance, there's usually small fit and finish issues you don't see in his pictures. Especially uneven grinds and gaps in the inlays.

wonder if this has since been resolved...but yea never played with on in person so couldnt tell.

The short answer would be no. The guy's a...know what, go search in the Feedback forum, it'll tell you all you need to know.

wonder if this has since been resolved...but yea never played with on in person so couldnt tell.

He's apologized and done the same behavior more times than can be counted. He's been banned here 5, 6, 7....who knows how many times. Lying scum bag. Anyone would be a fool to give him their money...

My issue is fit and finish related. I have seen numerous videos of his knives from people like jim skelton and even when jim was talking them up like they were the next big thing I was watching the videos and spotted several fit and finish issues in the video alone. If you can spot crap work via a youtube video I can only imagine what would be found in person. I don't care about all the crap about him taking credit for the hidden stop pin (yes that happened) or his "innovative" ruby bearings. I just don't think his quality commands his prices.

For that kind of money you should look into a more reputable custom maker; his latest knives are 900.00, for example; id take a thorburn in a heartbeat,and save a few $$ at the same time.You cant even compare the two that's how far better a Thorburn would be imo...

Last edited:
My problem with this is that most people (I'm going to stretch and say 99%) who talk bad about him have never interacted with him or his products. I've owned one of his knives, and handled a few, and have never had any problems with his knives. Granted they weren't 100% perfect, most new makers' (he was new at the time) knives aren't. But they're definitely not something to rant and cry about. As for his customer service, nothing but satisfaction on my end.
TL,DR; Most people who talk bad about him never dealt with him. Not a bad maker.

Edit - Apparently I speak for everyone, so let me elaborate. This post, posted be me, in my words, is my own opinion.

Last edited:
My problem with this is that most people (I'm going to stretch and say 99%) who talk bad about him have never interacted with him or his products. I've owned one of his knives, and handled a few, and have never had any problems with his knives. Granted they weren't 100% perfect, most new makers' (he was new at the time) knives aren't. But they're definitely not something to rant and cry about. As for his customer service, nothing but satisfaction on my end.
TL,DR; Most people who talk bad about him never dealt with him. Not a bad maker.

I assume by "most", you mean folks other than all of the people he fleeced, right? Sure thing.

[/B]

I assume by "most", you mean folks other than all of the people he fleeced, right? Sure thing.

Yes, very good. I thought I made that pretty clear in my post but I'm glad you pointed that out.

Edit - Edited my original post to make it clear I don't speak for everyone.

Last edited:
Yes, very good. I thought I made that pretty clear in my post but I'm glad you pointed that out.

Actually, no you didn't make it clear. You made it clear that you're one of the lucky folks who actually got what they paid for, and then tried to downplay the issues that a lot of people have had with Will Moon, and his knives.

Edit - Apparently I speak for everyone, so let me elaborate. This post, posted be me, in my words, is my own opinion.

I don't have to eat cat poop to know it probably won't taste good. Seriously. What part of he has been banned from this community multiple times for lying and scamming is difficult to understand?

You give him your money and you are not only taking a huge risk you are also supporting a poor example of a human. His lying and poor behavior has been documented so many times it isn't even a discussion anymore. It is a fact.

Also, this isn't the only forum he's been banned from. He's a joy when taking your money, up front, afterwards....not so much.
Check out the link Quiet posted and all your questions will be answered.
Joe

I think Moon and Jared West should get together and form a new company. We can call it QTRMOON.

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

Back