Will Rekat make a sifu in D2 steel with the finger grooves?

nonbox

BANNED
I know that there is a special D2 sifu but it doesn't have the finger grooves. Will Rekat make a sifu in D2 steel with the finger grooves? If so, when will it be available?

Why don't you contact 1stopknifeshop and ask if they can special order you one in D-2 BUT with finger grooves?

Afterall, the blade geometry is the same whether it is D-2, or ATS-34, therefore REKAT should be able to fit a regular grooved handle with a D-2 blade.

How can you tell the difference between D2 and ats by just looking at it?

My understanding is that REKAT will be switching over to D-2 Enhanced and 154CM steels as their stock of ATS-34 is depleted.
I hope someone from REKAT chimes in here and corrects me if I am wrong, but I imagine most
knife models will be available in both steels. The D-2 Enhanced will most likely be made in smaller numbers. I could be wrong, REKAT if I am way off base here please correct me.

Nonbox,
I forgot to answer your inquiry into telling the difference between blade steels.
The three REKATS I have are marked ATS-34 on the blades. I would imagine that the new blades would be marked the same way. My wife just reminded me that there was a thread started by Bob Taylor a while back announcing
the pending blade steel change. Try doing a search.

[This message has been edited by Easyrider (edited 10-14-2000).]

Can a Rekat rep please respond to this thread?

When will Rekat come out with a sifu in D2 with the hand grooves? The only reason why I have not purchased a Sifu is because I am waiting for the D2 with the hand grooves.

I have checked out the sog and cold steel mega folders and they come up short to the sifu. I think the sifu is the best mega folder on the market, nothing comes close.

I would also like to know if REKAT will change out blades for people that already own Sifus. I love mine, but with a D2 blade, I think I would love it even more.

------------------
--------------------------------------
MISSISSIPPI STATE UNIVERSITY
Fear the man that owns only one rifle,
he likely knows how to use it.
- Anonymous
Ben Lee
Computer Science, Student, Senior
AOL IM: MSURifleman
www2.netdoor.com/~rifleman
www2.msstate.edu/~brl2

We are switching to both 154CM and D-2 as our supply of ATS-34 runs out. All models will be offered in both steels in 2001.
Will not be switching blades sorry this isn't possible for a number of reasons.

Christina

Christina,

Can you give us a more tight date than 2001? Like what month maybe? I was going to order a Carnivore today, but now I want to wait for the D2 version. I've used to be a great fan of ATS-34, but after having them for awhile, it think it's to brittle for much of anything.

Benleems,
The heat treat is very important. I have
a Benchmade with ATS-34 and the steel is too
brittle. The edge tends to chip easily. REKAT's ATS-34 heat treat seems to be much better. I haven't chipped the edge on either
the Pioneer II or Carnivore Cub. I am a big fan of the Carnivore and Cub, I can't wait to get the D-2 Enhanced versions.
biggrin.gif

Back