William Henry Evolution is #1

Not a review, just wanted to add my .02
I bought a Damascus/Carbon fiber Lancet 2 months ago and loved it so much that I thought I would go out and get another WH. I was at CK&T, here in MD (They are a WH dealer with awesome prices that rival internet sales on WH knives). The guy there introduced me to the less expensive Evoultion series. These are still WH knives with outstanding quality, but cost a little bit less. I guess the fact that they are made in Japan and are bolsterless helps. I bought a S-05 with burl ash. It was IMHO the best built Gent/EDC I have ever handled for the price. I paid about $125.00 for it. It was listed as a limited production model on the card in the case and was numbered 33/50. What a deal huh? Anyway, I returned today to buy another one. I bought the larger S-09 with the same handles. I think I will get another one on friday. Does anyone else out there like these knives? I am of course gonna buy more of the California made ones as well, but these Evolution series models are awesome!

I love the blades on them and the knives overall are very classy. The only thing I might would fuss about but won't since the knife is meant to be a gentelmans type knife is that the liners are very thin but the locks lock up tight and the knives again look super great and heck a William Henry for under 120.00 bucks! I'll add them all to my collection.

The S05 and the S07: I like the blade style and size of the S05 but I love wharncliff blades so the S07 is very sweet. I think when you get to the S09 size it makes those thin liners really look thinner.

Have you carried yours? How do you like the pocket-clip sheaths?

I carry the S-05. The 09 was for the collection. It has perfectly matched handle slabs. I am gonna buy the 07 on friday. I love these knives. Yes you are right about the liners being thin, but how much liner do you need on a knife that has been properly built, and is for general cutting chores? Either way it is a top notch blade.

Back