William Henry

I already have one of the evolution series, really a nice knife. Very Sharp :eek: I cut myselfonce with it.

I am considering one of the US made carbon fiber series as it has a pocket clip(still searching for the perfect EDC)

does anyone have any experience with any of the carbon Fibers ?? :confused: Are they high quality ?

I carry either a Benchmade Mini Auto or Michrotech L-UDT on duty, but I'm looking to add to the collection

(7) CRKT's
(1) L-UDT
(1) LCC manual
(1) vektor
(1) ladyhawk by MOD
(4) Spydies
(1) William Henry Evolution
(2) Benchmade's

And that's just in the first 2months of collecting :D

I have a Carbon Lancet and really love the knife. The fit and finish is first rate for a knife using composites. The lock up is great and it came real sharp (watch that point). I liked it so much I bought another after losing the first one (which my wife had given me for a first anniversary present!).

As far as the clip goes, I really prefer tip up carry and this knife is tip down, but is so sleek it's easy to get at anyway. Unfortunately I carry a money clip and I think while I was taking my cash out of my pocket to pay a taxi on a busy street, the cash caught on the knife and I didn't notice the sound of the William Henry hitting the pavement. The knife was so comfortable that I didn't even notice it's absence when putting my money away. Only after walking a block did I realize what happened. By then a big crowd had passed (trade show) and of course the knife was gone.

I've often thought of disassembling my replacement and checkering the inside of the clip to make it more resistant to coming out of the pocket, but that would be hard on the pocket of a pair of dress pants. So for now, I love it, but only carry it when I'm wearing a suit (when I'm on my best behaviour and most attentive).

I must admit that while I'm trying to devote all my disposable money to knifemaking tools and supplies right now, the three top knives I lust after are a decorated unique pattern Sebenza with a Sapphire in the handle, a Randall Special A1 Fighter and a William T-12 Executive in carbon with the Black Diamond Blade.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

jmx

PS. I ended up with a Chris Reeve Small Sebenza as my EDC. In the plain finish it's sorta boring looking, but in my opinion, real hard to beat as a tool for general and emergency use. I think if I get the Executive T-12 WH, I'll still probably carry the little Sebbie as my EDC. I'd feel less guilty about abusing it as I know how strong it is and it's a little plain already, so a scratch wouldn't hurt as much. For what it's worth I'm usually dressed anywhere from jeans and Polo shirt to Sport's coat tie and khakis.

The CF Lancet was the first "expensive" (i.e., well over $100) knife I purchased (but certainly not the last :eek: ). Excellent fit and finish. It took a custom by A.T. Barr to replace it as my work carry (but the CF Lancet still comes along in my bag).

My only complaint with the CF Lancet was that the edge was beveled at slightly more than 40 degrees inclusive, which meant that I had to do a little reprofiling to sharpen it on my 204. However, my Black & Tan Persian was beveled at exactly 40 degrees, so I'm guessing William Henry has resolved that issue. In fact, you might want to check out the Black and Tan series -- a little more expensive than the plain carbon fiber, but really cool looking.

The Carbon Lancet from W/H is of the highest quality
for what would be deemed a Gentlemens Knife.
It doesn't get any better than that. ;)

Pretty good knives. I had the Spearpoint in the CF series and the Lancet in the Black & Tan series. The B&T series is really special looking.

They are great for carrying in your shirt or suit jacket pocket (unclipped).

They are very good tools, but I am not partial to the WH "thumbpeg" - I think it is the weakest part of their knives in general.

I sold off my Spearpoint and Lancet for a CRK Small Classic Sebenza and an Umfaan. As the man said (above), the CRK knives tend to be more boring looking, but I prefer the Integral Lock over the liner lock, and the CRK serrated thumblug design can't be beat.

If I ever got another WH knife, it would be either a Fishtail Oak or Mother of Pearl Lancet. I carry both my CRK knives in a leather slipsheath, and I have gotten very used to that carry method.

I had a CF Lancet, very well made knife for sure but i sold it because of it's light handle, it wasn't balanced at all, i dropped it because it was tip heavy, IMO not a good user at all!

James

APM must have the most sensitive hands of anyone I've ever met. I must admit that I'm a real oaf (5'11, 256lbs and generally thick all over) so to me the William Henry Carbon Lancet is so light that I'm unable to discern a meaningful balance point. On paper it sure would seem that there should be a forward weight bias as APM posted, but I'm to large and insensitive to notice it.

Still love the knife anyway. I guess I'm too coarse to appreciate it's finer flaws. To me this knife is about ultimate stealth, sleekness and light weight. You can carry it anywhere except an airport. It's the smallest, lightest knife I can think of that makes me feel like I'm not knifeless. A real precision tool in a sleek and tiny package.

jmx

I'm just a knife knovice -- so I don't know much, BUT I know that I just LOVE my WH Black and Tan Lancet.

I bought two of these babies and I just love 'em. The perfect size for me (the T-12 size Spear points are too big for EDC for me), and it's superlightweight, nice clip, sturdy enough for my tasks (cutting apples, opening boxes, etc), and the black diamond blade looks great.

I have one of the B&T Lancets as the keychain for my car key (I can hear all the knife experts gasping...) and it's always easily accessible.

I like my CR Umfaan and Small Seb also, but for my tastes and my mild usage, the WH B&T Lancet is the BEST knife I've seen!

(and if you're nice enough to read this far, I'm looking for a small knife (blade < 3") with an abalone handle. I like the WH Icon Interframe with Abalone, but it's WAY too big for my tastes -- if you know of something that fits the bill, please email me at bootay@hotmail.com or post here. Thanks in advance.)

BT in LA

Back