Wilson Combat Eagle Flipper

Well, I own two of these now, purchased within the last month.

Bought one off eBay (without the George name on the blade, an older model but otherwise identical) and a brand-new one from WC that has the George name on the right side of the blade.

I was going to sell one, but have found that I cannot. Can't part with either one. I'll EDC one and keep the other pristine as a backup, the newer one.

The thinness makes them AWESOME for IWB carry. Yet they are solid with no blade play in any direction.

Anyone else recently purchase an Eagle? I remember earlier this weekend someone had one in their cart, but was debating on clicking the happiness button...

That was me, still contemplating!! Might just have to pull the trigger and hope I get a problem free one. Think Ill give Wilson a Call tomorrow and ask for them to check the one they send me?!

Well......

Just Placed the Order, with Next Day Shipping!! After Reading How you are Now keeping both I figured I'd give it a shot.

I had two but sold one off since I'm trying hard not to have duplicates.

Love the one I carry. The all over stonewashing is not only attractive but hides usage well except I scratched my blade a bit. No biggie. It gets smoother all the time. The best part of it is how thin it is!

Mquez, you're going to like it. Mine are just like RamZar's were, one with and one without the writing on the right side of the blade.

I have one tip-up and the other tip-down, and just like he said, the thinness is awesome. I really like the overall style of it, too.

Let us know your thoughts tomorrow.

And aren't the minutes dragging along tonight?!

Thinking about Calling in Sick Tomorrow in order to get it in my hands sooner!!!

The bad: sticky lock, Not a deal breaker.

The good: flips crazy good, thin, light weight, solid lockup, and blade is centered!

My OCD problem: could not find a damn bit in the entire tool box To change the pocket clip to tip up carry, either just to big or just to small. (Needs to come with a tool) normally not a big deal but these are not Allen key style rather star or what ever you want to call them.

Use Torx bit T08 for the clip screws and T10 for the pivot.

Use a sharpie on the lock bar contact points, let dry and open / close until it gets sticky again and repeat the cycle.

Mquez,

He is exactly right. Go to OfficeMax or some other office supply store and buy a couple of silver Sharpies. They say "Silver Metallic" on them and are less that $1 each.

Close the blade, hold the knife vertically and color the right side of the area, right above the flipper tang, where it would contact the lock. It would be the side of that area that is on the right side of the blade, the side that says "George" on it.

Keep it closed and let it dry, or use a blow dryer on that area for 30 seconds or so to dry it and try it again. You'll be shocked at how well it works.

I've done the same to both of mine, and even want so far as to take the knife apart and bevel the area where you close it with a file and smoothed it carefully with sandpaper to make it more comfortable to close.

I'll post pictures tonight after work to show you how I did it. I carry one of these every day now, both at work and at home. They carry so nicely due to the thinness, yet you have a full-side Ti slabbed knife on you and it does not get in the way.

I wish I could carry a Sebbie or Zaan like that, but only the Eagle will do, and I really like it.

Good looking knife, isn't it?

Last edited:
Hey Thanks for all the advice. This Knife has been on my want list ever sense it came out. At the time i had a hard enough time justifying spending more than $200 on a knife. I then Purchased a Sebenza and before i knew it I had 6 of them. I had completely forgotten about the Eagle until just a week ago and Boom now i own one. I'm glad I made the purchase, its so damn sexy!! As soon as i get the pocket clip switched over Ill like it even more.

Last edited:
I bought a Wilson Star-Tac LH a while back (love it) and looked real hard at the Eagle and no matter how I looked at it I couldn't make a left hand carry option materialize. The Eagle is one of those "lust after" knives that I'll never own...whine, whine! Count your blessings guys.

Thanks! I'm left handed, but have been carrying knives in my right pocket so long that I guess it doesn't matter much anymore.

I've got a lefty Umnumzaan and large Sebenza micarta I really like too, though.

The Eagle is a really nice knife. One of my favorites for sure, it is so thin it carries very well.

Who knows...you might still end up with one! :)

Wanted to ask the experts on Wilson Combat Eagle knife. Just got mine today. One of the best looking and feeling knives I ever held. Was going to be my EDC for a while. However after a few times opening and closing ,The frame lock got impossible to move with a thumb, and it takes a tool to pry the lock open to close the blade. Does anyone else have that problem , or do you know the remedy. I tried adjusting the screw and oiling, nothing helps. If not , unfortunately this baby is going back to Wilson Combat since I have no Idea if it's knife specific or just the way they are made. Closing a Starbenza seems effortless comparing to Eagle.

Are you talking about a sticky lock? If so, try the aforementioned sharpie treatment.

Yes thank you RamZar , I would not call it sticky , you have to pry open to close like with a crow bar

Don't get oil on the lock contacts since it increases stickiness many fold.

It flips open quicker/easier if you do not oil the pivot, either. It has Teflon washers, which are very slippery, and even light oil (including TuffGlide) just slows mine down.

Dry with the Sharpie is the way to go with my Eagles.

Back