Winkler Woodsman sheath mounting options

I'm having some issues with the metal belt clip provided w/the Winkler Woodsman. The metal belt clip is very sturdy and secures the sheath well to a belt. There is a "lip" on the bottom of the metal clip that protrudes and digs in mercilessly to my waist after only a few minutes. Other than this "lip" the metal clip works great. I have many "tek lok" mounts that I really like but the holes on the Winkler sheath are spaced too far to securely mount a tek lok to it. My question to you, is there an extended tek lok that would help me mount to the Winkler sheath or other solutions for the protruding tab on the metal clip from Winkler? Looking forward to any suggestions.

photos of Winkler clip

I'm having some issues with the metal belt clip provided w/the Winkler Woodsman. The metal belt clip is very sturdy and secures the sheath well to a belt. There is a "lip" on the bottom of the metal clip that protrudes and digs in mercilessly to my waist after only a few minutes. Other than this "lip" the metal clip works great. I have many "tek lok" mounts that I really like but the holes on the Winkler sheath are spaced too far to securely mount a tek lok to it. My question to you, is there an extended tek lok that would help me mount to the Winkler sheath or other solutions for the protruding tab on the metal clip from Winkler? Looking forward to any suggestions.

photos of Winkler clip

Just curious if you are carrying this knife inside your waistband?
I looked at pictures of the belt clip the woodsman comes with on the sheath and I can't figure out how that would be contacting your waist. If you the lip you are referring to is the very end of the metal clip then I would probably just bend it back with na pair of pliers until it no longer contacts you.

I have a belt knife (different belt clip) and have not run into any problems yet.

Here is a link to winklers mounting options

Here is a link to additional mounting options

I mounted a Tek-Lok on the Woodsman sheath using the plates and hardware that it came with. I did it to create some extra gap between the handle and my body as the metal Winkler clip held to too tight to the body for my
liking.

Back