Winter camping: Hot Tent Overnight at -20 degrees. A Buscraft Adventure

We finally found some time to go back out for some winter camping ! We hiked in over a lake and through some pretty thick woods to find the ideal camping spot. Temperatures were about -20 degrees and we used our trusty canvas hot tent with a kni-co wood stove. My son used the -40 Nanok sleeping bag with a goretex bivvy and I used the full MSSS army sleeping system. It was a great setup and kept us very warm.

We finally found some time to go back out for some winter camping ! We hiked in over a lake and through some pretty thick woods to find the ideal camping spot. Temperatures were about -20 degrees and we used our trusty canvas hot tent with a kni-co wood stove. My son used the -40 Nanok sleeping bag with a goretex bivvy and I used the full MSSS army sleeping system. It was a great setup and kept us very warm.

Nice setup. You might like to check out the hot tents by Hilleberg also.

This video impressed me. Winter camping is very extreme. I hope that my friends and I will go camping in winter too. Your video will help us with all the difficulties. I am sure that winter camping is an expensive hobby. I have a lot of inventory for summer camping. I'm constantly buying new things. Recently I decided to buy a new tent. Because the old one was already in disrepair. I purchased a KingCamp Melfi Plus SUV Car Tent 3. If you are interested in the specs, then Click here. It is a fantastic tent; I am sure it will last me many years.

Last edited:
Back